Divemaster course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes from the UK and all other EU countries its only 30 days.
Which lucky countries recieve 90 days on arrival?

The ones I've got here now are from Brazil, but it's also true for other countries, such as Korea. It's a question of bi-lateral agreements between the countries. Further complicating the issue is that citizens of some countries do need a visa, but can get it as a 'visa on arrival' so that they make application at the airport at which they enter Thailand (visa waiver is different--just an entry stamp in the passport)

For some countries a visa must be issued at a consulate outside of Thailand. For a subset of these, a health clearance is required before the visa is issued.

For other countries, visa waivers are only given to diplomatic/official passport holders (usually 90 days). Everybody else needs a consulate-issued visa.

For a small number, a visa on arrival for only 15 days is granted, no matter whether the visitor arrives by air or not.

For a group of countries (including the EU) the visa waiver is 30 days. For some others it is 90 days.

The ones I've got here now are from Brazil, but it's also true for other countries, such as Korea. It's a question of bi-lateral agreements between the countries. Further complicating the issue is that citizens of some countries do need a visa, but can get it as a 'visa on arrival' so that they make application at the airport at which they enter Thailand (visa waiver is different--just an entry stamp in the passport)

For some countries a visa must be issued at a consulate outside of Thailand. For a subset of these, a health clearance is required before the visa is issued.

For other countries, visa waivers are only given to diplomatic/official passport holders (usually 90 days). Everybody else needs a consulate-issued visa.

For a small number, a visa on arrival for only 15 days is granted, no matter whether the visitor arrives by air or not.

For a group of countries (including the EU) the visa waiver is 30 days. For some others it is 90 days.

Suppose it wouldn't seem like being in Thailand if they made the visa rules simple.
Thanks for that, always good to have the latest info, untill the next time they change it all!! Watch this space.

Thanks for all the info, hopefully I will be booking a flight soon.

Someone has recomended Adventure divers in Pattaya, I have not heard of them before, does anyone know anything about them, where is their shop?
I have my flight booked now and am due to arrive in Pattaya on July 30

Small shop. Jomtien. They mostly hire out their boat to other shops, but also have some divers and courses of their own. Boat's about 20m I think.

Small shop. Jomtien. They mostly hire out their boat to other shops, but also have some divers and courses of their own. Boat's about 20m I think.

Thanks for that Aquanauts and thanks for the private message offering me your special Bangkok rates for the diving. That looks like good value.
But as someone suggested I think I am going to try a few shops as a diving customer just to get a feel of the places before I commit to doing the courses.
Maybe see you in 3-4 weeks.

That would be me and it is a good idea if I don't say so myself :) It also serves to keep operators on their toes. Repeat biz should come about for places people like. Let's hope you like them so much its hard for you to choose. Good luck!

Thanks for that Aquanauts and thanks for the private message offering me your special Bangkok rates for the diving. That looks like good value.
But as someone suggested I think I am going to try a few shops as a diving customer just to get a feel of the places before I commit to doing the courses.
Maybe see you in 3-4 weeks.

Sounds like an excelent idea to me, you would be surprised how nice some people can be to you if they can see a considerable ammount of money coming from you, and then change when they have received it.
Just a few pointers from me about the pattaya dive shops you have mentioned.
Aquanauts - one of the bigger shops, I personally some years ago had a very bad experience with them, but I am led to believe that they have improved somewhat now. Just out of interest what is their bangkok rate for a days diving?
Mermaids - large shop and several boats and you will be training alongside a number of interns, if that is your thing fine.
Adventure divers - in my mind one of the better shops to dive with in Pattaya, but I think the ammount of training they do is limited so your opportunities to work on actual diving students while you are training could be limited.
Dive SEA - Probably one of the best and most spaceous boats in Pattaya, I think limited training oportunities as per Adventure divers. Ignorant money grabbing owner with a drink problem, poor instructors and very old / poor standard of diving equipment.
If you haven't looked already, i am sure a quick internet search will show you many more options to look at, there are loads of 'smaller' shops in the area.

This place I can recommend, they're small, have their own boat and just about enough courses coming through to keep you busy during your course.

This place I can recommend, they're small, have their own boat and just about enough courses coming through to keep you busy during your course.

This shop may well be excellent, but unfortunately tom is staying in Pattaya so I think the distance to travel daily to Samui would be a little excessive.

Back
Top Bottom