DivePAL - a game changer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.... the installer file is 0 bytes.....
we had a minor "internal communication issue" and the downloader was pointing to a non existing installer ..... Problem fixed now.

.... I use a Veo 100.....
the Veo 100 will be supported in a couple (or 3) weeks :cool2:

.... I'd really like to use this with my scout divers.....
good idea

.... The idea sounds great.
Thank you

Tried to install the Beta version and was told that it wasn't a windows compatible program. ....
Hi, for a few hours we had an issue with a wrong link (downloader pointing to a non existing file). Problem is fixed now. Download the installer again.

....I've now installed eDiving, is that required for divePal?
NO, eDiving is not required to run divePAL as they are 2 independent programs

.... I use a Liquivision X1.....
We don't support (yet) the X1 :depressed:

..... They start with HP72s ....
Very good. We will soon add HP72 to divePAL (and eDiving too :wink:)

... I really like the fact that the student can input his profile and see what happens to his gas supply as the dive progresses. The graphic display is fantastic for getting across the lesson that gas disappears faster as you go deeper. Cool program!
simple but effective :wink:

Personally I like the graph of the nitrogen loading; if you get the dive profile right you can actually see the switch in the leading compartments as the curve changes shape

DiveNav,

Got it. WOW! Ok I want the version that I can calc repetitive dives. Would really like to see altitude diving supported. This would include calculating the effect of drive to altitude. Do you have any of the advanced versions out yet?

This also comes at a great time. I was just plotting two dives I took with one of my scouts using a just refurbished SME-ML. Now I've got to show him HIS dives.

..... Got it. WOW! .....
best compliment we got so far :wink:

...... Ok I want the version that I can calc repetitive dives......
Me too :depressed: .... We both need to wait few more weeks; ETA is second part of September.

...... Would really like to see altitude diving supported. This would include calculating the effect of drive to altitude. ......
I will see what I can do about this :wink:

...... Do you have any of the advanced versions out yet?....
Nope

...... This also comes at a great time. I was just plotting two dives I took with one of my scouts using a just refurbished SME-ML. Now I've got to show him HIS dives.
I am glad we can help

..... I took with one of my scouts using a just refurbished SME-ML. .....
What is an SME-ML?

What is an SME-ML?

An SME-ML in a very old (probably 1985ish) high end Suunto dive computer. It doesn't do altitude or nitrox, but it DOES record depth every 3 minutes which neither my Veo 100 nor DataMax Sport does. They both calculate for incremental depths, just don't record them - at least not in any way I can access.

As for driving to altitude and then diving. I've been doing some book research and have some thoughts (and drive time vs. altitude data for a local lake). DiveNav I'll PM you with my thoughts/potential protocol/needs. I think something like this could be very useful.

I really think this program will be a fantastic learning tool, and I'll happily upgrade to a paid version, when it has enough functionality to be relevant to my students. Seeing and manipulating the graphs is awesome!

September 8, 2011 - Basic Beta v0.3

Installer: divepal_installer_r20110908 is HERE

- Now when you exit divePAL and re-open it later, your previous dive plan is reloaded.
- Pressing the "Analyze" button at the home screen will bring you to the analysis view of the most recent dive (this button is disabled if no dive has been planned yet).
- Pressing the "Plan" button will start planning for a new dive.
- Now saves which tank was selected for a specific dive when resuming planning at a later time.
- Improved support for many computers.
- Manufacturer list now sorted alphabetically in "All Computers" display.
- Fixed a bug with the computer list that could cause computers to not show up, or that could cause divePAL to re-download a computer when it did not have to.
- Added some support for "offline mode" when you choose not to update or otherwise do not have an internet connection available.
- Improved support for windows DPI/font scaling settings other than 96DPI/100%: computers and graphs, which were incorrectly scaled on computers with DPI settings other than the default will now scale correctly.
- Made dragging points on a graph with the mouse work more like other windows drag-and-drop features.
- Added "Online Class" button for supported computers.
- Added Safety Stop screens for supported computers.
- Fixed Deco Stops counting down time in stop correctly.
- Added possibility to modify dive profile limits (Max Depth and Dive Time) directly from the Dive Plot Screen
- Added 2 more tanks type (MP72 and HP100)

Last edited:
Beta release of the Basic version has been out since a couple of weeks and so far we are getting good feedback

Now we are testing with the FULL version (that allows to plan a series of multiple dives).
We should be able to release this version to beta testers next week.

DivePAL_w_20110909.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

September 14, 2011 - Basic Beta v0.4

Installer: divepal_basic_installer_r20110914.exe is HERE

- Fixed a gibberish error message that was shown during log-in (this started to happening yesterday because we made few changes on the server code to support the full version).
- Fixed some other login errors to be more informative.
- Added a "Connecting..." window if the user has "Remember me" checked and the server is slow to respond to the startup login check.
- Fixed a minor display issue with the default computer.
- Added support for more computer features. Fixed several minor display settings.
- Computers will now show the safety stop screen at the appropriate time.
- Fixed regional localization settings affecting the parsing of configuration files where they should not have (caused white computer text and errors)...... long explanation for the "numbers are in white" issue :wink:
- Fixed a minor display error on the "Downloading Computer" form.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a computer that you have temporary access to to be displayed as though you had unlimited access.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a computer to disappear from the list of available computer after you had selected it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom