DivePAL - a game changer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks great. I have a question on supported computers and classes though. I bought the zoop online class a few months ago, but divePAL requires me to pay for it again. It would be better if the computer were supported for 30 days after installing divePAL, as opposed to 30 days after class enrollment.

Another thing: in the metric version only EU 12L tanks are available. Most male students start on 15L tanks here.

Last edited:
.... It would be better if the computer were supported for 30 days after installing divePAL, as opposed to 30 days after class enrollment..
mmmhhhh .... divePAL is a new product (still in Beta) and it could be quite cumbersome to make it retro-active ....

....Another thing: in the metric version only EU 12L tanks are available. Most male students start on 15L tanks here.
Will add it in next revision

you need this for?
It should quite easy to add .... I will add this in a future rev.
Some tech diving organizations (GUE, UTD) use average depth for planning purposes. Drawing a profile and seeing the resulting average depth would be useful.

mmmhhhh .... divePAL is a new product (still in Beta) and it could be quite cumbersome to make it retro-active ....

Will add it in next revision

Thanks! Since this is a beta, some more remarks:
- the application window on windows can't be resized; would it be possible to do this so that the program works on a netbook, or on a lcd projector?
- add a legend to the planning window, especially when multiple curves are shown
- automatically resize graph for the actual dive profile in the analysis window; for example, if you select a maximum depth of 40m but then draw a profile with a max depth op 10m, the graph would look a lot better when the y axis is resized.
- the axis for tank pressure needs a little bit wider margin; some characters are (partially) missing ('100b', '0 bar[-]s[/-]')
- when you select the 'custom' SAC option, it's impossible to go return to the other options (low/medium/high) without closing and reopening the options menu. Also, what exactly is low/medium/high? Maybe adding a male/female option would be nice here.
- add a warning (a marker?) or forbid very fast ascents - those that are prohibited by the algorithm. Right now, you can pop up from 10m in 1 second
- dives that are longer than 60 minutes are not allowed at the moment?

Some tech diving organizations (GUE, UTD) use average depth for planning purposes. Drawing a profile and seeing the resulting average depth would be useful.
Will add this to the full version (and higher)

.....- the application window on windows can't be resized; would it be possible to do this so that the program works on a netbook, or on a lcd projector?....
mmmhhh ... it should already work with a projector .... what resolution do you have?

...... automatically resize graph for the actual dive profile in the analysis window; for example, if you select a maximum depth of 40m but then draw a profile with a max depth op 10m, the graph would look a lot better when the y axis is resized.
in this case just go back to the plan screen and re-enter the new depth limit and it will re-size

.....when you select the 'custom' SAC option, it's impossible to go return to the other options (low/medium/high) without closing and reopening the options menu. Also, what exactly is low/medium/high?
In Lt/min:
Low - 12
Medium - 20
High - 28
Custom - Allow values from 6 to 60

.......add a warning (a marker?) or forbid very fast ascents - those that are prohibited by the algorithm. Right now, you can pop up from 10m in 1 second
If you draw a profile that has a fast ascent, the Analyze screen will mark that segment in red and show the "TOO FAST" symbol .... just go back to the Plan screen and adjust the points :D

.....dives that are longer than 60 minutes are not allowed at the moment?
Max dive time for the Basic version is 60 min.
See FEATURES

Thanks for your answers!
If you draw a profile that has a fast ascent, the Analyze screen will mark that segment in red and show the "TOO FAST" symbol .... just go back to the Plan screen and adjust the points :D
I see, after I adjusted the points the warning appears. I originally put a point at the very last second of the dive and then ascended - this will not result in a warning. Moving it one second to the left makes the 'too fast' symbol appear. It's not a real bug, just somewhat annoying. I'm sure the finished product will be very polished.

How to reproduce this: Go to the planning window, plan a 40min dive to 20m. Place one point at 20m/40min and analyze the dive. No warning will appear.

That is awsome keep up the great work

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom