Diver Missing, Point Sur, Saturday Oct 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While the chances are slim we are headed out tomarrow to attempt a recovery of Bob. Keep your fingers crossed that we may have something for his family.

kjundvr:
While the chances are slim we are headed out tomarrow to attempt a recovery of Bob. Keep your fingers crossed that we may have something for his family.
Good luck, but you know he would not want you taking any risks. Be careful.

I've told my daughter, if I'm lost at sea - we don't need anyone risking themselves to find the body I'm thru with.

this is so sad. i was told he was a guy who did a lot for the preservation of certain monterey sites.

I dove with him for a week last April in Socorro. He was a truly wonderful man and a great diver who was very safety consious. I was really hoping to dive with him again some time. My condolences to his family and friends. He will truly be missed.

Here are some happier times:

crw_9404a.jpg

img_9380.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pictures and fond memories of Bob. Although I have never been in the water with Bob, I knew him as a person and friend. He and his wife were members of the health club I work at. We would always talk about his diving experiences and research efforts I would give him tips on his workout to improve his fitness. People loved him at our club and he will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Fitdiver

Its always very sad when the big blue claims one of us for her own but this has certainly struck a cord with me, my prayers are with his family and his friends.

Its not looking to good at this stage, we can but remain hopeful, god speed to anyone involved with the search & rescue.

Back
Top Bottom