Do you still log your dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I log the dives so I can remember where I've been should I return to a destination and to be able to respond to questions about where to dive!

I'm still a rookie so I love the logging... esp for weight and bouyancy issues. I found a wicked program for the palm pilot that acts as a log book. Keep both paper and electronic versions!!! I will see how long it lasts.

I log every open water dive but not pool dives. I record date, time, depth, water temp, air temp and general notes about the dive site and things I saw.

Scott

:mean:

Yes I do, don't understand why you wouldn't keep up with all your dives. It helps when you visit the same place, you know how good it was or how bad it was.

Rich :mean:

I log them, but I'm rarely promt about it. I have over ten dives waiting to be officially recorded, I think I'll do it when I get around to it

I was certified 22 years ago last weekend. FRiends told me log my dives until I did my advanced. Then I quit.

Then I wanted to become a divemaster(about 12 years later). Then an instructor.

Well , it was harder than hell to come up with the necessary dives.

Needless to say I now tell this story to all my students. A lesson well learned.

I often check out gear .It is nice to look back and see how I have weighted myself or what type of configeration I used.

Ron

I keep better logs now than when I started. My first logs sounded as exciting as a shopping list; air consumption, temperature, depth, was there a thermocline?, blah,blah,blah. I now enter info of interest, and importance for when I dive the site again, or want to talk about a dive with others.

I log 'em all- it's like keeping a diary.

I lost my first log book after I was certified in '92, and I always regret not having a record of my experiences when new to diving-it would be so cool to be able to re-live those first successes and rookie embarassments.

Besides, the older I get the more "selective" my memory becomes!
FastDen :rainbow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom