Does this seem like a bizarre setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious:
We should all chip in a dollar and buy it so some other poor schlub doesn't fall victim to it..

D.

Scrap value, single piecing it out, it's gotta be worth $500.

Is that a Bonaire Tag I'm seeing there? Think about that.

I live in Ohio and would be willing to pick up and ship this set up out to the new owner if anyone one decides they just *have* to have it. Come on - you know you want it!

Amazing...It's up to 6 bids, well really only two bidders. Either ambybugger is REALLY clueless and has feels they have struck gold, with this auction or the seller is just bidding it up. I'm betting on the latter.

Wow, I wonder what I could make if I took all the extra, old, or otherwise no-longer needed dive stuff in my garage and bolted it together. Hmmm?

OK, after flipping between the front and back views I've got it. Primary: Comes off of a LP port on the 80's 1st stage. His theory was that if you get low on the 80, you'll start pulling off of the right hand (viewed from the back) pony though its LP port. The two ponies are constantly equalizing via their HP ports. The right pony also has his Minimus octo (octo#1) hooked to it as well. The left pony has the HP line to the right pony and a LP connection that goes to a setup that I've seen before where a Minimus has an "L" in the line that provides a LP inflator connection on the same line as the octo (octo #2).

Basically, he's got an 80cft tank with a 26cft pony all connected together so a single failure could cause the entire system to fail simultaneousy. Bad juju...

I second the Rube Goldberg comment. He really must have been scared of running out of air but went about the design all wrong.

Maybe we should email the bidders and make sure they don't get taken advantage of.....
EDIT: little more PC wording.

It's a ridiculous system but as long as they don't pay more than the components are worth it's not a problem as long as they don't reassemble it as he has :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom