dry glove liner placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Assuming your dry gloves don't leak, do you (a) use the plastic tubes to equalize, (b) put the liners underneath your seals (e.g., don your liners, then your suit, followed by gloves), or (c) use liners (over the seals) and don't bother with the tubes?

If gloves leak, would option a (tubes) and option b (liner underneath seals) result in an equally wet suit or would the tubes result in noticeably less water entering suit?

Thanks!
P.S. Just got dry gloves system installed (Antares oval si-tec system), but have yet to dive suit. Si-tec manual suggests user trim outer glove so lower than latch and use tubes.

C) I have had enough leaks from old gloves or other sealing issues. I like it when just my hand is wet, as apposed to my whole body.

I do hate the squeeze on my hands, but, it is better than a suit flooding due to a problem with a glove.

I had the Antares rings installed last year. I've had problems getting them to latch, which I hope the new support rings will fix. I never bothered equalizing them, the squeeze hasn't been a problem.

For those of you who don't equalize your dry gloves, how deep do you typically dive? Do you have issues with squeeze if, say, you went beyond 40, 50, 60, 70 feet, etc.?

I have pretty much always equalized mine so I can't comment on how deep. I can say though when my hands get cold raising them up, I can feel the nice warm air from my arms pass into my gloves. So to me it is important to equalize as I get arthritis if my hands get cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom