Dry glove system for Santi smart seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@chubadoodman , thanks :) .. will be waiting to hear from you about these rings, real experience my differ than a phone call.
Actually I went diving using pull over dry gloves .. it took me like 5 minutes to pull them over the first time :) .. but they seal very well just in case the ring did not fit properly.
have a great weekend.

Hey mastermind. Its been exactly a month since you started this thread and I have some updates! I received my KUBI drygloves this past weekend and after trying for 3 hours, i managed to install it on the Santi smart seals. It was definitely very frustrating and i almost gave up multiple times, but once I figured it out, it only took 5 minutes to repeat the process with consistent results. I still havent tested it out in the water, but the seal seems tight and i cant pull it out of the cuff. Im planning to dive this weekend so hopefully i can give another update on how they perform. I think your phone call was a little misleading, because the installed rings look super slick and dont add more bulk than what any other ring system would. I have attached a picture so you can be the judge.

20170401_024321.jpg

Hey mastermind. Its been exactly a month since you started this thread and I have some updates! I received my KUBI drygloves this past weekend and after trying for 3 hours, i managed to install it on the Santi smart seals. It was definitely very frustrating and i almost gave up multiple times, but once I figured it out, it only took 5 minutes to repeat the process with consistent results. I still havent tested it out in the water, but the seal seems tight and i cant pull it out of the cuff. Im planning to dive this weekend so hopefully i can give another update on how they perform. I think your phone call was a little misleading, because the installed rings look super slick and dont add more bulk than what any other ring system would. I have attached a picture so you can be the judge.

View attachment 403858
Hello @chubadoodman , that's looks nice. Will be waiting to hear back your review :) .

just came back from diving out in the northeast, off of a beach near boston. The seal was perfect, and I didnt feel a single drop come in from the wrists and my hands were bone dry. Only issue was that the standard glove liners dont insulate very well so my fingers were numb...

I also found that without any sort of lubrication on the orings, it is near impossible to unlock without nearly ripping your finger tips off.

Overall I think they're great once you figure out how to install them correctly. Ill pick up some better insulating gloves before my next dive though. If you want a more detailed explanation of of i installed them feel free to PM me and I can give you a step by step with pictures of how i did it.

just came back from diving out in the northeast, off of a beach near boston. The seal was perfect, and I didnt feel a single drop come in from the wrists and my hands were bone dry. Only issue was that the standard glove liners dont insulate very well so my fingers were numb...

I also found that without any sort of lubrication on the orings, it is near impossible to unlock without nearly ripping your finger tips off.

Overall I think they're great once you figure out how to install them correctly. Ill pick up some better insulating gloves before my next dive though. If you want a more detailed explanation of of i installed them feel free to PM me and I can give you a step by step with pictures of how i did it.

great to know that :) .. BTW , I can recommend black diamond glove liners .. i got them from REI .. but found them in amazon as well .. here is the link .. they keep my hands warm while diving in 45 degree F.

I will contact you once I decide to buy them :)

View attachment 403858
Awesome man!! Would you still recommend doing this? I am just about to order that suit and was thinking about doing the same, and get a pair of KUBI's.

Awesome man!! Would you still recommend doing this? I am just about to order that suit and was thinking about doing the same, and get a pair of KUBI's.

I only have a couple of dives with this setup so i am not sure how effective it is in the super long run, but it seems like it would hold up. Im sure there are more efficient dry glove systems if you're willing to sacrifice the santi smart seals. I didn't want to send my suit to a shop or back to santi to replace the wrist seals for a specific dry glove system, so this method works for me. I would recommend it if you dont mind the slight awkwardness of installing at first.

Hello All, just got a chance to meet a sales director from Santi visiting seattle and he told me that Santi is planning to release dry glove system for smart seals by September 2017.

Try using a double ender clip - point one end perpendicular against the o-ring seal (ie like a wedge between the glove part and the fixed ring part) and twist, pops right off!

-Mark

Back
Top Bottom