Dry glove system for Santi smart seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes but the Kubi already does the job even without the smartseals: if the glove fail, you can change the glove (it's $6); if it fails underwater you can go wet, move the whistle and use the seal; if the seal fail internally you don't care because you can use the glove.
The only thing that could stop you is if the seal get damaged above the ring, but even in that case, you can move the rig a little up next to the trilaminate and you'll save the day... anyway it's an eventuality that could happen to the smart seals as well.
However you already have the smart seals as I understand... so why we're discussing this at all? :D ...it could make sense if you were deciding what to buy! :)

To be totally honest i'd rather be diving, but since i can't, it pleases me enough to exchange ideas with you guys and think about what could replace (if not complement) my smart seals, if i were not to be satisfied with them. I just like talking gear :)

So thanks for the extra explanations, the kubis mounted on regular wrist seals would probably be my go-to option if the smart seals didn't exist.
However i am not sure about your last point: looking at the smart seals manual, it seems that the system holding your regular wrist seals is a combination of 2 big rubber rings, one of which is glued to the trilaminate arm.
Anything can break, but i believe these rubber things are much more durable than gluing a simple thin wrist seal to a trilaminate suit arm.

Yes, I never seen them, but I suppose that the rubber above the ring is much thicker than the usual latex used for the seals, however without consider it, when you put the KUBI ring on the suit, the portion of the rubber that remains between the ring and the trilaminate is not the part that gets worn or is subject to be damaged, it's the other part of the seal (where you push your hand through) that gets worn with usage.

Yes, I never seen them, but I suppose that the rubber above the ring is much thicker than the usual latex used for the seals, however without consider it, when you put the KUBI ring on the suit, the portion of the rubber that remains between the ring and the trilaminate is not the part that gets worn or is subject to be damaged, it's the other part of the seal (where you push your hand through) that gets worn with usage.
Fair enough, so practically the kubi system on its own is probably as much dependable... and it looks good :)

Yes that's why most times you see the KUBI applied to the normal seals, or the KUBI "fitted" applied by the manufacturer (Santi does it) that is basically the same concept of the smart seals... I never seen someone with smart seals + kubi ... but it doesn't mean none (apart you) is doing it.

Sry for crossposting, but this is also relevant for in this thread:
I have received an answer from Santi on the topic. They will launch a dry glove system at Baltictech (November 25th) that works with the Smart Seals.

Sry for crossposting, but this is also relevant for in this thread:
I have received an answer from Santi on the topic. They will launch a dry glove system at Baltictech (November 25th) that works with the Smart Seals.
Don't be sorry i am keen to find out!
I got interested in the Kubis in particular because it just seemed to be the only one (reading through forums) whose users didn't complain too much.

Cheers
Nicolas

Santi just released a video on their Smart Seal Dryglove system. I am using the Scuba Force Ring System and really like them. But,a flexible (non-plastic or metallic) ring system looks interesting. I wonder if it will work on a DUI suit.

There's plenty of flexible system out there.. I don't see any improvement. I still prefer my KUBI installed on my Santi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom