Dry gloves in DIR/GUE world....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same here ... although, Lynne, you may recall a skills dive we did with Kirk a couple years back (when I was new to drygloves) when I did wind up the line around my fingertips. Ended up just clipping off the damn spool and leaving it on the end of my fingers until we ended the dive.

Haven't had that problem since, though ... sometimes you just gotta make the mistake to learn how to avoid it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The key to not winding fingertips in the spool is to find gloves where the fingers aren't too long. That's why I use the orange Atlas gloves instead of the blue ones -- they're cut differently.

I disagree. The Green, Orange, and Blue gloves are sized the same if you get the same sized glove. The only difference is whether they are dipped once, twice, or three times in the PVC stuff.

An Orange XL 620 glove is otherwise the same as a Blue XL 660 glove.

Tom

Same here ... although, Lynne, you may recall a skills dive we did with Kirk a couple years back (when I was new to drygloves) when I did wind up the line around my fingertips. Ended up just clipping off the damn spool and leaving it on the end of my fingers until we ended the dive.

Now that is funny.

I disagree. The Green, Orange, and Blue gloves are sized the same if you get the same sized glove. The only difference is whether they are dipped once, twice, or three times in the PVC stuff.

An Orange XL 620 glove is otherwise the same as a Blue XL 660 glove.

Tom

But since I own both I can attest that the orange ones are a lot more flexible and a lot easier to pull all the way down so there isn't extra material at the fingertips. That's why I prefer them.

I now only keep the blue ones ... mounted on rings ... in my drybag in case I flood a glove and want a dry one for the next dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I don't know about others, but the dexterity of my drygloves is far less than 5mm wetgloves.

The dexterity of my frozen claws (using wetgloves) was always worse that my warm dry hands. (using DC drygloves)

I have both 660s and 620s. To me, sizing is identical. What are NOT identical are the 660s (blue) and the blue ones with yellow liners (number?). For the same "size" the liner ones are HUGE. I was having all kinds of issues clipping in my finger tips till I changed to the 660/620s and my own undergloves. Problem definitely solved.

The dexterity of my frozen claws (using wetgloves) was always worse that my warm dry hands. (using DC drygloves)

Therein lies the reason I finally switched to drygloves ... I had to get helped back onto the boat one day after a long dive in 42 degree water because my fingers didn't want to work. At the time I was wearing 5 mm wet gloves.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I can't tell the difference either.
gloves1.jpg

The "larger" sized gloves are the 465/495 gloves.

Where'd you find green ones that'd fit your big mitts? The only ones I've ever seen only came in small and medium sizes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom