Dry gloves in DIR/GUE world....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent back my suit to DUI and they are removing 1 1/2 inches off each sleeve. With the stiching it should be a total of 2 inches off each arm. This should give me more clearance from the rings.

As I progress into Essentials, it is very important that I have a very comfortable fit and the ability to reach over to the back of my head for valve drills in the future.

I'm excited and can't wait to see and feel the difference, more to come as soon as my suit comes back.

MG

I sent back my suit to DUI and they are removing 1 1/2 inches off each sleeve. With the stiching it should be a total of 2 inches off each arm. This should give me more clearance from the rings.

As I progress into Essentials, it is very important that I have a very comfortable fit and the ability to reach over to the back of my head for valve drills in the future.

I'm excited and can't wait to see and feel the difference, more to come as soon as my suit comes back.

MG

I was thinking of doing the same but probably when I'm on vacation in a warm water spot. Would you mind telling me the lead time and how much are they charging to shorten the sleeves. Also, did you go through your LDS or straight to DUI. Thanks for the input.

Dan

I was thinking of doing the same but probably when I'm on vacation in a warm water spot. Would you mind telling me the lead time and how much are they charging to shorten the sleeves. Also, did you go through your LDS or straight to DUI. Thanks for the input.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I certainly will let you know how it feels and post pics for you to scrutinize... It's very important to me that I have the correct length, and DUI was my first choice to call...

So far they have been by phone, excellent in customer service. They asked for my arm measurements and told me to send in the suit with the rings attached...

My Essentials class is Oct 9-11 and DUI said they will make sure my suit comes back before that time, they are wonderful to take my training into consideration...

Dan my gloves were divable with the current length but it was during the surface interval that it would hang more, also when I started looking at other divers placement of rings I saw them further back than mine...

I would rather have the proper length to make my dives all that much more comfortable...

DUI is so easy to work with and I just wouldn't trust my CLX 450 with anyone else...

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom