DSS Backplate and Transplate Harness question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice, I just saw this and was going to say "listen to Tobin". ..

We have a very similar setup and I am sure you will love it!

Exact same setup I chose as my first BP/W-style BC, probably because you told Tobin something about your anticipated diving that was pretty similar to what I told him about mine. It couldn't be simpler. I can't see ever going back to a jacket-style BC--just too much unnecessary stuff.

Im hoping I like it as I anticipate I will. Going from a vest to back inflate was heaven. I'm hoping the simple hog harness feels even more freeing. Usually why I don't wear exposure suits I love feeling all natural in the water if that makes any sense. I've always liked swimming underwater even as a kid. If they can ever figure out a way to make it feel like you're a kid in a pool with only a bathing suit on or hell nothing at all....that would be amazing.

If you are very narrow across the shoulders, the harness may dig into your upper arms. I solved that by crossing my straps behind my neck when I wove the harness; it also keeps the straps from falling off your shoulders.

Thanks TS. I could only wish that being narrow was a problem lol. I actually have fairly broad shoulders for a little guy. I will keep in mind the crossing them. Would you mind posting a picture of your harness weave?

Nice, I just saw this and was going to say "listen to Tobin". ..

We have a very similar setup and I am sure you will love it!

Yeah I listened to Tobin. Not that you really have a choice in the matter. He snapped at me once I apparently wasn't answering his questions in the way he wanted it felt like a I talk you listen kinda convo. Not something us southerners are keen on but he supposedly makes a very good product and comes highly recommended from the community. Looking forward to getting it

Back
Top Bottom