eBay's ridiculousness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I noticed a new ebay feature the other day which takes some of the advantage away from these bidding services. It looks like once you have a bid in for an item, Ebay offers you a quick bid option that allows you to respond very quickly in the final few seconds.

Still, bid the max you are willing to pay as late as you can. And don't be disappointed when you don't win. As it turns out, I've come in 2nd fairly often making more $$ for the seller.

Yeah that stinks for the buyer, the sellers should cut us a commission for getting the prices higher. LOL then ebay would become like a game where sellers are getting people bidding like crazy to come in second and make cash and buyers are kinda outa lick if they bid on something they really dont want.

Try using esnipe.com if you keep getting out bid on ebay.

Some lots on ebay are good value - buying during winter months I've found to the best time as going into spring/summer people are thinking of their hols.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom