Experience for CCR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmmm... i guess "stainless steel" could be considered a color.

chickdiver:

Maybe, maybe not. I've had Stainless coated black also. But, Just for backplates. For Screws and clips. Nope. They don't work well with LineX on em. LOL

What options did you get on your Meg?

chickdiver:

And, I never stated Black or stainless was or wasn't a color. LOL

chickdiver:
Hmm..... thousands of dives.... 19 years expereince....... trimix and cave instructor.... and I'm mildly apprehensive about the training involved in my Meg purchase......

CCR? :11:

You boys must eat your wheaties.

Heh, I said that was the *earliest* I would consider it. I fully expect to hit the 'snooze' button at 500 dives and check back again 500 dives later to see how i feel about them again... wash, rinse, repeat...

chickdiver:
Hmm..... thousands of dives.... 19 years expereince....... trimix and cave instructor.... and I'm mildly apprehensive about the training involved in my Meg purchase......

You boys must eat your wheaties.

Who's doing your Meg training? And now I see why I can't book you for AOW/Wreck Survey! You're too busy teaching cave and learning that Meg stuff!

I think I'll go cry now. :D

Wow, I am blown away…

I consider Chickdiver a dive goddess!
She has dove deep caves, directed scores of divers, has been published in magazines, is serious wreck/trimix diver and recently helped to direct the recovery of a WWII aircraft from a rather gross fresh water lake.

When she speaks it would be good for you to listen!

Dive safe all, Andrew

Mverick:
Did you get it tiggerized?

Crazyduck:
Wow, I am blown away…

I consider Chickdiver a dive goddess!
She has dove deep caves, directed scores of divers, has been published in magazines, is serious wreck/trimix diver and recently helped to direct the recovery of a WWII aircraft from a rather gross fresh water lake.

When she speaks it would be good for you to listen!

Dive safe all, Andrew

Ain't NO dive gods or goddess's in my book.

I know Instructors that are Horrible divers.

I know IT's that are Horrible divers.

I know CCR divers who should be Dead from the stupid stuff they've done. Couldn't even calibrate there units.

So, tellin me all that certification stuff. Doesn't mean a whole lot in my book. I wanna see you dive. In fact. It usually means you don't get to do a lot of fun dives. You're always teaching. Our "Instructors" didn't go anywhere this year.

Tigger version is a REAL meg. Made for a REAL diver. She said she had got one. I asked if that was the one she got. Figured she'd get a Kick out of the paint job. As I did. Since she had a Meg. Or was getting one.

Sorry, I guess I should have known. All REAL divers HAVE to wear black.

That, I don't believe. I like Black is why I wear it. But, it's not a requirement.

Sheesh,

Thanks, Andrew... but I'm blushing... and the detritus is getting a little thick on the floor in here :D.

Mverick- I wasn't throwing that out there trying to impress anyone. I simply found it an interesting juxtaposition and wanted to comment on that fact. I don't expect everyone (or anyone for that matter) to know who I am or what my background is- so I said it simply to provide background info.

I agree with everything you said about instructors. In fact- I try to teach as infrequently as I can, and consider it a compliment that I still get recommended even though I often make people wait for classes (generally cause I am out doing something fun). I'd think a lot less of anyone who took my resume at face value and DIDN'T expect me to prove myself where it counts- which would be under the H2O.

I saw that unit on the rebreatherworld forum- it was kinda cool looking. All real divers don't wear black- I just happen to like it (it lets me sneak up on unsuspecting students better).

As usual, tongue is firmly in cheek :)
-H

Mverick:
Sorry, I guess I should have known. All REAL divers HAVE to wear black.

That, I don't believe. I like Black is why I wear it. But, it's not a requirement.

Sheesh,
The more you know the funnier it gets....think of all those poor lemmings finding out that their fav WKPP diver is going CCR...the stampeding to the cliffs will be deafening :D

JeffG:
The more you know the funnier it gets....think of all those poor lemmings finding out that their fav WKPP diver is going CCR...the stampeding to the cliffs will be deafening :D

This is worse than when Metallica teamed up with Bob Rock... My innocence is lost...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom