Experience for CCR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
This is worse than when Metallica teamed up with Bob Rock... My innocence is lost...
LOL

Damn y'all. Im just going to quit posting anything anywhere....

chickdiver:
Damn y'all. Im just going to quit posting anything anywhere....
Why? Its the perfect example of a Real DIR diver vs an Internet DIR Diver. It makes it easier to pick out the who's who by their responses :wink:

JeffG:
Why? Its the perfect example of a Real DIR diver vs an Internet DIR Diver. It makes it easier to pick out the who's who by their responses :wink:

Cause y'all give me crap about everything! :05:

LOL- not much chance. I'll write something up along the way and let you knwo how it goes.

Mverick:
Ain't NO dive gods or goddess's in my book.

I know Instructors that are Horrible divers.

I know IT's that are Horrible divers.

I know CCR divers who should be Dead from the stupid stuff they've done. Couldn't even calibrate there units.

So, tellin me all that certification stuff. Doesn't mean a whole lot in my book. I wanna see you dive. In fact. It usually means you don't get to do a lot of fun dives. You're always teaching. Our "Instructors" didn't go anywhere this year.

Oh man :jpshakehe

Mverick:
Sorry, I guess I should have known. All REAL divers HAVE to wear black.

That, I don't believe. I like Black is why I wear it. But, it's not a requirement.

Sheesh,

Come on man lighten up, thats why SB has a hard time keping experianced divers.

I am retired NAUI Instructor Trainer.
Retired because I wanted to do the diving I want.
I never listed my certifications nor called you or your experience out.

My passion is experimental dive gear and systems plus my own designs and ideas similar to yours.

My rant is easy just give people their due respect.
Here I will fall on my sword-
Maybe I was an ***** but you were talking to someone I respect like she was an open water student.

I get pissed because she has so much to offer all of us with her experiences. All we have to do is ask … For me there are not that many people who have true experience were I want to go- she has it.

Heather is a dive goddess to me- I call her a friend. I know who I want on my deco station when the ka ka hits the isolating fan.

I am keenly aware of the Meg that you speak of. I am not interested and you shifted gear about Meg training and the system to how it was… colored?

My interest is a PRISM for my own needs and ideas. So have fun with that.

Can we talk about rebreathers now?

Andrew

Never mind... It ain't even worth it....

JeffG:
Why? The Techno Geek factor?

What problem does it solve (ie Are you hindered in anyway diving open circuit)?

I'm slightly ahead of Lamonts timeline, but we are on a very similar path and I can pretty much rule out any RB for me. I cannot see any dives in the next 5-10yrs years that would not be doable on OC.

Getting an RB for the geek factor is the wrong reason to get one IMO, but its probably the number 1 reason for getting one.

Hello Jeff, doable is not the issue for me, I'm interested in making the most of my time in the water. I was hindered by OC as I wanted to see all the life that was there. Now I get to see everything without scaring it off and I can dive whatever schedule I want to- 3 100 minute dives instead of 50 60 minute dives. I can now spend much more time at depth looking at whatever I want and still be out of the water faster than an OC diver with doubles. My dive plans are much less limited and more flexable with my Prism. I don't know any CCR divers who went for the geek factor. All the CCR divers I've met were objective oriented, whether they were wreck divers who do a lot of deco dives or just looking to see more wildlife. There may be some dive geeks out there who go CCR, but they have to spend a lot of money and time in the process and I bet most are weeded out.-Andy

Back
Top Bottom