Explain this term often used in DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
Does that mean that our posts won't be 15 minutes ahead of when we actually posted them!?
edit: yay it works :D

i am back at normal time too!!

woo!!!

Robert Phillips:
I'm thinking the 80's Yuppie pony tail is the more egregious rule #6 violation!:rofl3:
You may definitely have a point there, but it's actually a mid to late 90's dot com ponytail! In the 80s and early 90s, I was still sportin' John Travolta hair.

There are plans to lose the pony tail. It will most likely happen at some time this year, but I have not defined that moment yet. For now, it keeps the attention off of my Rule #6 gear violations. :wink:

Christian

headhunter:
You may definitely have a point there, but it's actually a mid to late 90's dot com ponytail! In the 80s and early 90s, I was still sportin' John Travolta hair.

There are plans to lose the pony tail. It will most likely happen at some time this year, but I have not defined that moment yet. For now, it keeps the attention off of my Rule #6 gear violations. :wink:

Christian
I see, so you were late jumping on the 80's pony tail bandwagon because you were busy because you were late jumping on the 70's bandwagon with a mullet!:rofl3:

TSandM:
That's okay, Christian, you and your pony tail and your hood and gloves can dive with me and my blue and white dry suit and bright orange wing. We'll be companionable Rule 6 violations :)
Thanks Lynne!

We'll have our own Rule #6 incompliance team.

Christian

Robert Phillips:
I see, so you were late jumping on the 80's pony tail bandwagon because you were busy because you were late jumping on the 70's bandwagon with a mullet!:rofl3:
No, I never had a mullet. There are some things that even I have to draw the line at. :wink:

This time the trick will be to try to figure out what will be happening in 2010 and just go there early. Of course, the options will be more limited for me unless I go visit Dr. Bosley. :11:

Christian

headhunter, in 2010 all the rage will be clown hair--totally bald on top with long hair below your shoulders on the sides and the back. I support your efforts to start this early trend and will post your picture all over the net to show that when I say I support you, I really do

leah:
headhunter, in 2010 all the rage will be clown hair--totally bald on top with long hair below your shoulders on the sides and the back. I support your efforts to start this early trend and will post your picture all over the net to show that when I say I support you, I really do
Actually, the reason that it's time to cut the pony tail is that by 2010 that will be what I look like! :11:

So, this will be an attempt at heading off the Gallagher look before is arrives. Otherwise, I'll be scaring (or scarring, as the case may be) all of the children who must witness the Barnum and Bailey hair. :klclown:

Christian

Stroke = Opportunity

Always remember:
1 < 2 < 3 < 4 < 5 . . .
You may be good, but the probability is that there is someone out there who is better.

To that person, you may be considered a stroke, as you consider some of those who have skill sets less than yours to be "strokes".

This observation, of course, is not directed at any specific diver, it's just an observation.

Remember,

Stoke = Opportunity

the K

tonka97:
Leah,

Just be sure to keep your hair the way it is in your avatar! You look great!:wink:

Thank you Tonka. Actually, my hair is good foot or so longer now than in that picure. My hair grows fast and I only cut the split ends off once or twice a year. I will tell you that I turn heads when I go diving:confused: because I put it up in this giant bun and I look a lot like Marge Simpson!!:rofl3: :rofl3: Now that is do people remember!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom