Explain this term often used in DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leah:
I put it up in this giant bun and I look a lot like Marge Simpson!!:rofl3: :rofl3:

:useless:

H2Andy:

Well, I will see what I can do. Out there somewhere is a pic with me and the bun in a shinny wet black wet suit. I was diving a 120 tank on a rocky beach at the lake. My dive buddy Debbie aka Jocasseegirl got out a few seconds before me and got her camera ready and while I was struggling to climb out of the water onto the rocks, I lost my balance with that tank that was heavier than I was used to and there I was in all my glory-giant bun, laying on my side unable to get up laughing looking like a big seal sunning herself with the giant bun!

leah:
Well, I will see what I can do. Out there somewhere is a pic with me and the bun in a shinny wet black wet suit. I was diving a 120 tank on a rocky beach at the lake. My dive buddy Debbie aka Jocasseegirl got out a few seconds before me and got her camera ready and while I was struggling to climb out of the water onto the rocks, I lost my balance with that tank that was heavier than I was used to and there I was in all my glory-giant bun, laying on my side unable to get up laughing looking like a big seal sunning herself with the giant bun!

Kind of like this?
3905rabbit_pancake.jpg

bill, see the thread called 'jameson karst edwards' fer yer answer...

actually, i'm going for 'strokalicious', though 'stroketastic' is also a worthy goal.

lamont, i want a wino. send me one, ok? :D i think that stuff is interesting.

Robert Phillips:
Kind of like this?
3905rabbit_pancake.jpg

Not even close, that bunny has nothing on me. I get some pretty good lift out of the bun at least 4-6 tall and my hair is curley so by the end of the dive I have a bun and a fro. It is a classic look that other can only hope to imitate!

Superbly Trained, Riverine, Oceanic & Karst Explorer.

:D

The Kraken:
You may be good, but the probability is that there is someone out there who is better.

To that person, you may be considered a stroke, as you consider some of those who have skill sets less than yours to be "strokes".
The term "stroke" actually has more to do with attitude than it has to do with skill. In fact, I would classify a person who has poor skills, but recognizes this and is working to improve them, to be the opposite of a stroke. At least they recognize the need to better themselves - a true stroke would not care.

DIR-Atlanta:
I would classify a person who has poor skills, but recognizes this and is working to improve them, to be the opposite of a stroke. At least they recognize the need to better themselves - a true stroke would not care.

this reminds me of a Buddhist saying:

only the stroke knows not he is a stroke

wow... i need some munchies

(i think you're 100% dead on)

Kangy:
This whole thread is strokenanimous

makes me want to tell someone to go stroke themselves

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom