FB posting - standards violations - how many can you pick out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a fantastic training site that will help prepare people properly for decompression diving in a variety of environments. Anyone can do deco while laying down on a log like we do for cave diving, but try doing it in a 2.5kt current with no visual references to help maintain your stops, and you may have a bad day. Hudson prepares you for that.

Not to mention simulating that, "Blue Water" experience where you can't clearly see your teammate 2' from your face.

It's a fantastic training site that will help prepare people properly for decompression diving in a variety of environments. Anyone can do deco while laying down on a log like we do for cave diving, but try doing it in a 2.5kt current with no visual references to help maintain your stops, and you may have a bad day. Hudson prepares you for that.

So it is like going through the Catacombs with the blindfold on but for AN/DP.

Not to mention simulating that, "Blue Water" experience where you can't clearly see your teammate 2' from your face.
2 feet?!? Luxury! (fortunately only that bad in the Puget Sound late April through early June typically)

So it is like going through the Catacombs with the blindfold on but for AN/DP.

Not even remotely close.

Anyone that tells you that taking AN/DP in a cave environment will prepare you for OW decompression diving probably doesn't do that much OW decompression diving.

Not even remotely close.

Anyone that tells you that taking AN/DP in a cave environment will prepare you for OW decompression diving probably doesn't do that much OW decompression diving.

I meant more as in the unable to see, but still expected to perform. Not that Cave AN/DP is the same as open water AN/DP. Heck IIRC for people not certified in AN/DP cave deco is a one day add on to a full cave course vs openwater AN/DP is 6-7 days?

I meant more as in the unable to see, but still expected to perform. Not that Cave AN/DP is the same as open water AN/DP. Heck IIRC for people not certified in AN/DP cave deco is a one day add on to a full cave course vs openwater AN/DP is 6-7 days?

Both @abnfrog (who I did ITT with) and my local tech instructor (AN/DP/Helitrox) told me minimum for AN/DP is 4 days. Abnfrog told me he’s only ever seen very turned on students do it in 4 days.

The Silver Hippi's slightly exaggerating the conditions of the site. You can easily see 10-15' unless your jumping up and down on your instructor in the silt on the bottom, then the visibility can drop a wee bit.

AN/DP -- If someone comes in with a decent foundation, they can do it in 5 days. By solid foundation I mean probably having taken intro to tech/sidemount and aren't wasting brainpower to deal with equipment issues or buoyancy. I've tried teaching it in 4 days multiple times, and invariably had people struggle, so gave up.

If they come in with no foundation, it's 8 days minimum and that probably isn't going to be enough.

Got a letter from NAUI that they’re investigating. Not holding my breath they’ll do anything.

they wont do anything, and if they do they wont tell you ,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom