Force Fins - my experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started off with a new pair of adjustable force fins with the bungee strap and no whiskers. I did this primarily for financial reason, I dive wet and dry and wanted to use them for both. I have now purchased a set of xxl force fin pros (yellow) for wet and xxxl force fin pros (black) for dry. I am a size 12 wide and use the amphib boot for wet which is larger than the usual wet boot and a viking dry suit with liners for dry. The xxxl work very well for me. I still have the adjustable but don't use them much any more so I may look to sell them.

Lately I have been contemplating a tan delta purchase. I have also been trying to find out as much as I can about the new millitary design. I am in no real rush but if an opportunity presented itself I may invest. No matter what the type of fin there is no doubt I will ever go back to a conventional style.

Mark D.

hey if Bob will make you a set of the SD-1 Military's I would highly recommend them, they are so easy to kick and manuever. They aren't cheap, but man they are good, I would say slightly better than the Pro's but mostly due to comfort and adjustability, due entirely due to the SD-1 footpocket that is the most comfortable foot pocket of any fin that I have ever used.

I'm planning to post a review of the Excellerating Force TanDelta (yea!!, new fins), Extra Force TanDelta, SD-1 Military after I get a chance to do a side-by-side this weekend.

hey if Bob will make you a set of the SD-1 Military's I would highly recommend them, they are so easy to kick and manuever. They aren't cheap, but man they are good, I would say slightly better than the Pro's but mostly due to comfort and adjustability, due entirely due to the SD-1 footpocket that is the most comfortable foot pocket of any fin that I have ever used.

I'm planning to post a review of the Excellerating Force TanDelta (yea!!, new fins), Extra Force TanDelta, SD-1 Military after I get a chance to do a side-by-side this weekend.

====================================

Are there any photos available of the SD-1 Military Force Fin ??

I started off with a new pair of adjustable force fins with the bungee strap and no whiskers. I did this primarily for financial reason, I dive wet and dry and wanted to use them for both. I have now purchased a set of xxl force fin pros (yellow) for wet and xxxl force fin pros (black) for dry. I am a size 12 wide and use the amphib boot for wet which is larger than the usual wet boot and a viking dry suit with liners for dry. The xxxl work very well for me. I still have the adjustable but don't use them much any more so I may look to sell them.

Lately I have been contemplating a tan delta purchase. I have also been trying to find out as much as I can about the new millitary design. I am in no real rush but if an opportunity presented itself I may invest. No matter what the type of fin there is no doubt I will ever go back to a conventional style.

Mark D.

How much do you want for the adjustables? I contemplating something I can use with my wet suit and bare foot. Let me know.

Thanks
O

There is the option of putting the comfort insteps in the FF's, they will take the boot from fitting with a 3mm wetsuit boot down to bare foot. I have been doing that for years. That makes it a cheap insert, vice a whole extra pair of fins.
Comfort Insteps

There is the option of putting the comfort insteps in the FF's, they will take the boot from fitting with a 3mm wetsuit boot down to bare foot. I have been doing that for years. That makes it a cheap insert, vice a whole extra pair of fins.
Comfort Insteps

I actually use XXL Pros with my drysuit boots and wanted to get another pair to use with wetboots or nekkid...I tried 2 sets of insteps to make my current fins fit...no luck. So I would say my only option is to "pass the cash".

The adjustable force fins were my first pair and in warm weather without any gloves on it was easy to get them adjusted comfortably on my feet. Sitting on the edge of an ice hole with thick gloves on it was a bit more difficult. That is why I now have two pairs. My XXXL Pro's go on over my Viking boots in a flash and are always comfortable. My XXL Pros go over my wet suit boots (AMPHIB Boots) perfectly as well. I still have my adjustable but only use them barefoot which is pretty infrequent.

I am curious to know if the Military fins would be available to the public or pubic safety divers. They look interesting and I am curios as to how they perform.

Maybe Blair can elighten us. I would love to be a Public Safety Diver Beta Tester!! (Sorry just couldn't resist)

Mark D.

Back
Top Bottom