Friday Night Norte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Several Years back and on my way from Houston Intercontinental to Cozumel, I was in the United Club checking my fanny pack for my Mexican credentials—there was a full 15 round Glock .357 SIG magazine (I am legal carry in Texas). Obviously undetected by security but I had plenty of time to run out to my truck and leave it there.

I lucked out as the scary part was that Mexican screening would have spotted it and I would still be in some unpleasant place!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

My brother used to live in a border town out in the middle of nowhere. He and his friends would cross the border almost daily. One of his friends had a single 45 ACP round in his pickup and it was discovered during a check. It was a major deal and it cost them close to $10K to finally get him out of jail.

Getting back to COZ....we regularly do Thursday-Monday or Friday-Tuesday dive trips, getting in 10 dives easily. If we get blown out, our Plan B is to take the ferry back to Playa and get in a few dives on the land side. Cenotes are a great option if you havent done them, but we are more into reef life. TSA Prechek and Global Entry make US airports manageable. travel through CUN is a breeze: customs/immigration have always been courteous and efficient.

It's a gorgeous morning on Cozumel today! I wish I were there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom