Friday Night Norte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

image.jpeg
Yes. This is about the best it's looked all day.

This is looking a lot more promising for tomorrow! There is a lot of EASTERLY direction in that wind after 9am. I am optimistic that a worst case scenario for tomorrow will be getting in the water late morning!

Saturday, sunday and for the next 7 days look spectacular!

upload_2018-1-18_17-52-29.png

upload_2018-1-18_17-54-3.png

On FA web cam I see boats heading south from the marina, looks like the port is open.

It looks pretty calm today. Dive! Dive! Dive! Ah-OOG-ah!

We're considering a 5 day trip to Playa del Carmen Feb 20-15, and some diving near Cozumel. How will the weather be there? Air temp? Water temp? Visibility? Would a 7 mm and hood be enough?

We're considering a 5 day trip to Playa del Carmen Feb 20-15, and some diving near Cozumel. How will the weather be there? Air temp? Water temp? Visibility? Would a 7 mm and hood be enough?
Last week, in between Norte's, I dove both sides of the channel with people wearing no wetsuits to 7mm suits. Water temps should be 79 F. Surface intervals are what get me cold if it is windy and cloudy but a jacket can cure that.

I dive a 7 mm in Cozumel all the time. Sometimes i have to flood the suit to stay cool but much better than being cold. This trip ( as we speak )have not flooded suit have been cold. Really cold on boat thank god for coats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom