Funniest Diving quotes you have heard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This actually happened on a Disney Cruise cattle boat Stuart Cove dive

Semi panicked woman in the water screaming: - "There's no air coming out!"
Divemaster - very calmly: "Ma'am - it's a demand regulator - you have to inhale to make air come out."
Less paniced woman - "Oh - ok - thank you."

We stayed on the opposite side of the reef for the rest of the dive ...
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::coolingoff:

We were diving a site where we had seen a 12 foot tiger shark the previous week. As I mentioned this during the dive briefing, a relative newbie asked how she would be able to get away from such a shark if we saw it on the upcoming dive, to which I replied, "You don't have to swim fast, just faster than your buddy."

Was this at the elbow drift dive site? We saw a 12' Tiger there with Malcom and Nick.

A fisherman decided he wanted to learn to dive. Knowing that fishing lures come in a variety of colors he asked: "Are any colors of fins or wetsuits more likely to cause a shark attack?"

To which the DM replied: "Well, I'd stay away from Yum-Yum Yellow"

Russian roulette with an un-loaded revolver kind of misses the point of the game, doesn't it? :wink:
I took that to mean a fully loaded revolver as opposed to a revolver loaded "in the Russian roulette fashion". But maybe I'm wrong.

This is one of the best threads ever.

...the water goes all the way to the bottom.
:rofl3:

Not SCUBA but just as funny. My wife just had a baby not home for more than a month. We met up with some family mid-way from both of us at a Hard Rock cafe to show off our new addition to the family. The nice lady who should us to our seats looks at our son and says "oh, what an adorable baby. Has it opened its eyes yet?" To which I reply "Its not a puppy....HIS eyes were opened at birth!"

Instead of BCD, Weights, Releases, Air, Final Ok for pre-dive safety check, another acronym for BWRAF is: Blond Women Really Are Fun (or Brunette)

Overheard while gearing up next to an open water class this past weekend...

"We're going deeper than we did in the pool, so you'll need to use more weight."

Max
DSAT 198186

Instead of BCD, Weights, Releases, Air, Final Ok for pre-dive safety check, another acronym for BWRAF is: Blond Women Really Are Fun (or Brunette)

I've worked in the Bahamas, Belize, and Bocas del toro, so I have always used:
Bahamian women really are fun
Belizean women really are fun
Bocas women really are fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom