Funniest thing you've seen underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredT:
With the reputation of Hippy Hollow they mght not have even been aware. All sorts of "recreatonal" drugs could have been involved.FT

This happened in 1973, so the "flower children" were in full force at Hippy Hollow and the "recreational" drugs were flowing I'm sure! And yes, they enjoyed swimming around in those bubbles! Must have been stimulating!

:crafty:
I was helping my buddy with a class, and one of the students... a mature fellow was going through the class with his wife, they had finished there first dive and had just come back into the water for there second. I had went out to the area they needed to snorkle to, and went down to the platform to wait on them. His wife made it down fine but I could not find him, so I did a roll over on my back and looked up to see him fighting with his tank which had come off of his BC and has was going in a circle trying to put it back while still wearing his BC..... Never knew you could laugh under water and make so many bubbles.

Rich :D

srkdvr:
fighting with his tank which had come off of his BC and has was going in a circle trying to put it back while still wearing his BC..... Never knew you could laugh under water and make so many bubbles.

Rich :D

he must have looked like a dog chasing his tail!

Seeing a diver lean over the side of the RIB and vomit right on top of the head of a diver who had decided to surface beside the boat :35:

Diving with a guy who cut his finger prety bad (any worse would have needed stitches) just before going in.

His eventual solution was duct-tape used to hold a condom on the finger (over a band-aid) and put on gloves over that. The funny part was watching him get up the nerve to ask the whole boat if anyone HAD a condom...

He still gets 'ribbed' about it once in a while :wink:

was in cayman and there was this newbie (aka moron) on the boat. there was a very small current and we got a thorough lecture on staying off of the coral.
as i descended the line i looked down and there was the newbie , eyes big as saucers, with his arms wrapped around a large brain coral, holding on for dear life in the less than 1 knot current .
the dive master was apoplectic post dive and i was nearly ready to perform assisted murder.
this same guy after another dive couldn't figure out why his computer didn't "work".
turns out he missed a several minute deco obligation and had his computer lock up. he had no clue as to what that was or why it happened. moron!!

I used to travel in a regular large group to far corners of the world. (that's when we were all single and had a lot more money)!
It was obvious about 12 hours into the trip to Roatan that one of the guys was *very* keen on one of the girls on the boat. He puffed up his chest and helped her with her gear and brought her Coke, it was all very sweet. She was a photographer and jumped in first on one dive so she could videotape everyone's entry. The tape shows everyone putting on fins and giant striding one at a time, and then he comes to the back of the boat. Chest still puffed up, arm muscles flexed. He deftly donned his fins, shuffled to the edge, tripped, and fell on his face in the water about 7 feet below, arms and legs flailing, expensive devices falling from his BCD to the sandy bottom 130' below. I laughed so hard, I choked and had to compose myself before making my descent.

dc4bs:
Diving with a guy who cut his finger prety bad (any worse would have needed stitches) just before going in.

His eventual solution was duct-tape used to hold a condom on the finger (over a band-aid) and put on gloves over that. The funny part was watching him get up the nerve to ask the whole boat if anyone HAD a condom...

He still gets 'ribbed' about it once in a while :wink:

sounds similar to some 'fun' I had abroad.. spider bite in oz turned septic and I dived for two weeks during my IDC with several white surgical gloves over my hand secured with reels and reels of suct tape.. I looked like wacko jacko himself! :dazzler1:

And on a trip to Belize with the same group, one of the gentlemen with us, Mike, was a very, very, very large man. He wore about 50 lbs of lead to dive with. Another group member, Tim, did a back roll off the side of the boat, and instead of moving out of the way immediately, he immediately commenced fumbling with his gear right next to the boat. I heard a squeak a moment later, looked over, and saw him looking up with terror in his eyes: Mike was poised to do a back roll right on top of Tim, his shiny white buttcrack glinting in the sun. The look on his face was priceless. I think Tim learned a valuable lesson that day.

Well, the last time I laughed out loud (and caused the Lovely Young Kat to laugh out loud too) was just watching a Polka Dot Batfish walking around on the bottom. The combination of his (her?) waddle and facial expressions are a joy to watch.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom