Fusion socks leaking - multiple reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, you can peek when you get it back, then ...:p

Are they putting in the full gasket like on the Inflate/Exhaust valves or just patch-reinforcments like I've seen in DIYs on here before?

Light Monkey Tinkle valve is what I got. I have no clue, but I’d suspect it will be the former.

It’s probably going to be another couple of weeks before I get my suit back.

Light Monkey Tinkle valve is what I got. I have no clue, but I’d suspect it will be the former.

It’s probably going to be another couple of weeks before I get my suit back.
Thanks for all of the feedback.

If you remember, please let me know how they do it. The factory ports do a nice job dealing with the skin.

If the suit actually proves DRY, I'm considering the liquid exhaust valve upgrade.

Thanks for all of the feedback.

If you remember, please let me know how they do it. The factory ports do a nice job dealing with the skin.

If the suit actually proves DRY, I'm considering the liquid exhaust valve upgrade.

You’re welcome. That’s why I waited until my new AirCore actually proved dry itself.

On mine, there are two bungee strings on the outside of each leg on the Aircore. You pull those through the hole on the inside of the pocket at the top. Just tie them together in an overhand knot. If you don’t pull the bungee through to the pocket, your suspenders will be very tight and hard to get on your shoulders. That’s how I learned to make sure t they were pulled though.

@Marie13 Do you happen to remember what size bungee they are using?

I tried and 1/8" seems a little too stretchy.

I am considering ordering a fusion tech drysuit this week. Do you feel like the leaking issues may be solved and it is safe to proceed?

@Marie13 Do you happen to remember what size bungee they are using?

I tried and 1/8" seems a little too stretchy.

To me it looks to be the standard thin bungee.

I am considering ordering a fusion tech drysuit this week. Do you feel like the leaking issues may be solved and it is safe to proceed?

Make sure you get a new suit that shows made in Canada on the tag inside. Don’t take any suit that a shop might have had in stock for a while. Insist on new, made in Canada ONLY.

Save yourself a massive headache and get a Seaskin/O3/etc.

Make sure you get a new suit that shows made in Canada on the tag inside. Don’t take any suit that a shop might have had in stock for a while. Insist on new, made in Canada ONLY.

Thanks Marie. I will make sure it is a "made in Canada". Have you any further issues with your suit since the aircore was fixed?

Thanks Marie. I will make sure it is a "made in Canada". Have you any further issues with your suit since the aircore was fixed?

I have the replacement now. Did two dives. Dry. It’s now at the shop getting a p-valve installed. I’ve just got pool dives now until early April.

Back
Top Bottom