Fusion socks leaking - multiple reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the replacement now. Did two dives. Dry. It’s now at the shop getting a p-valve installed. I’ve just got pool dives now until early April.

I have not received my suit back yet. I was told last week by the shop they expect soon.

Since you have yours back, I am curious about the material the feet are made of. I spoke with Aqualung Canada before sending my suit back about the fact that the heels of the aircore were being abraded by the wide velcro in the fusion boots. Aqualung stated they changed the material the socks of the suit were made from to yourkeep this from happening. Did you notice a difference in this area of your replacement suit?

-Z

I am curious about the Aqualung size chart. Did the chart get you the correct size using body measurement without undergaments on? Did you order Aqualung boots according to normal shoe size? I am placing my fusion tech order in the next couple of days.

I am curious about the Aqualung size chart. Did the chart get you the correct size using body measurement without undergaments on? Did you order Aqualung boots according to normal shoe size? I am placing my fusion tech order in the next couple of days.

My shop has Fusion suits in their rental fleet, so I was able to try one on, although not my exact model. Tried on the Sport and I got the Fit (women's model). I also had the opportunity to try boots on in the shop. I got my regular shoe size. I'm a 7 women's. I ordered size 7 boots. When I tried an 8 on, they were much too big.

@Marie13 's experience on shoe size sounds about right - typically you shift one size from Mens/Unisex to Womens, plus you often (but not always) bump up a size with a drysuit, to leave room for the suit sock plus any heavy insulating layer inside. So for her women's 7 you drop to a 6 for gender, and then back up to a 7 for the added room required.

My experience with the sizing chart (just males) is that it will fit a diver with an MK2 layer pretty snuggly when at the upper range, but will still fit. I have a couple of divers that are right at the upper end of the size Medium and prefer to use a size L/XL, which does still work well for them and is a little easier to slip into. If you will be wearing even thicker underwear, then all the more reason to shift up a size if you are right at the upper limit of a range.

I'm 6', 200 lbs, 43" chest, 33" inseam. Right at the very bottom end of the 2XL and not quite to the top of the XL. I will have fairly substantial mid layer for diving in 45F to 52F waters. I don't want the XL to be too tight with underlayers. But if the 2XL was a bit big it would defeat the reasoning for getting a form fitting drysuit. Thanks for all the help everyone!

@Marie13 's experience on shoe size sounds about right - typically you shift one size from Mens/Unisex to Womens, plus you often (but not always) bump up a size with a drysuit, to leave room for the suit sock plus any heavy insulating layer inside. So for her women's 7 you drop to a 6 for gender, and then back up to a 7 for the added room required.

My experience with the sizing chart (just males) is that it will fit a diver with an MK2 layer pretty snuggly when at the upper range, but will still fit. I have a couple of divers that are right at the upper end of the size Medium and prefer to use a size L/XL, which does still work well for them and is a little easier to slip into. If you will be wearing even thicker underwear, then all the more reason to shift up a size if you are right at the upper limit of a range.

To give you an idea, my wetsuit booties are size 6/XS.

I'm 6', 200 lbs, 43" chest, 33" inseam. Right at the very bottom end of the 2XL and not quite to the top of the XL. I will have fairly substantial mid layer for diving in 45F to 52F waters. I don't want the XL to be too tight with underlayers. But if the 2XL was a bit big it would defeat the reasoning for getting a form fitting drysuit. Thanks for all the help everyone!
Go with the 2XL. I own both a L/XL and a 2XL, and I can use either one. I am 6'-1" and 185/190 pounds, and usually use my MK2 underwear, which is a little light for 45° for any extended length of time.
With the 2XL it is a little "floppy" when I have the top down during surface intervals and the outer layer sags a bit, but zero issues when diving. The L/XL would be ideal for me if it were about 1" longer - I can tell I am at the limit of length from top of my shoulders to the bottoms of my feet, and putting my head through the neck opening can be a little dicey. I actually just bought a L/XL Tech skin (Drycore) to swap onto my older 2XL Bullet and see if that addresses both minor annoyances.

A couple months ago I took the skin off my suit to inflate it to find where it was leaking at the fee. My suit is a 2xl/3xl....these things are enormous. I am 5'10" and when I purchased the suit I weighed about 235. I tried on the 2xl/3xl and it fit but after seeing how big the drysuit layer really is I can't see how a L/XL would not fit.

The suits can also be custom ordered. You can get a relief zipper installed, a p-valve installed, and you can order the suit to come with one size core and a different size skin.

Here are some pictures of my core inflated to give you an idea of just how oversize these things are. If I could do it over I would have purchased the L/XL.

(The bottom of the beam the suit is hanging from is @ 7ft 8in from the floor)
20190929_112513-jpg.542437

-Z

Thanks Zef! Sounds like the L/XL aircore should work for my size. I can start out with an XL sport skin that will work with lighter undergarments for relatively warmer water. Maybe a 2XL tech or bullet skin for the colder temps and more layers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom