Good Dry Glove options other than Waterproof Ultima?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSeaDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
The Waterproof Ultima looks like the best system that I have seen, but it seems like it only works on Waterproof suits that come equipped with the right wrist rings etc?
If so what are the next best options other than Kubi? (I want to stick to plastic rather than go aluminium). Ideally I want a system that allows for wrist seals to be replaced too.

It will work on (over) latex seals or with any suit with the oval SiTech quick cuffs rings. The Optima suit side rings fit in place of the oval insert, making it round.

Rolock 90's. They will work with the same suit side ring that the Ultimas do. Can be had for $50-$60 less than the Ultimas, and way less than the Kubi's.

I've dove with both WP Ultimas and Rolock 90's. They both work, both have a little bit of a learning curve. Currently I'm leaning towards the Ultimas, but maybe some more dives with the Rolock will change that. They both are great, price wise the Rolock wins hands down.

I
Rolock 90's. They will work with the same suit side ring that the Ultimas do. Can be had for $50-$60 less than the Ultimas, and way less than the Kubi's.

I've dove with both WP Ultimas and Rolock 90's. They both work, both have a little bit of a learning curve. Currently I'm leaning towards the Ultimas, but maybe some more dives with the Rolock will change that. They both are great, price wise the Rolock wins hands down.
I've used Sitech Glove Lock rings before and the Rolocks look to be a better system than that.

New suit is Santi and has their new system. It seems much larger than the Kubi system. Works well enough and is easy to use.

I’ve used Kubi glove rings for years and found them to be very reliable and easy to use.

If so what are the next best options other than Kubi? (I want to stick to plastic rather than go aluminium). Ideally I want a system that allows for wrist seals to be replaced too.
I was going to recommend Kubi before I saw this. It's easy and cheap to replace wrist seals onsite. What is the advantage of plastic? I don't get this requirement, but I'm probably just missing something

Some of the plastic glove rings have terrible reputations for having a dry dive. Those which have a fixed position— with locating tags and the like — are much more difficult to replace gloves as they need to be seated at the precise angle to match with the ring

Sorry - another vote for Kubi. Takes only a minute or two to replace seals or gloves, the rings are bulletproof and they have a wide range of sizes, even for petite hands such as mine...

Have used several plastic systems before and hated all of them: the rings were either annoying large and/or frequently leaked.

Cheers
Rohan.

I'm sure the Kubi are great, but I can't ever think of a dive that I thought "man I really wish my rings were aluminum". I'm hard on my stuff. It's cold, and murky. Searching for stuff. Collecting oysters. I have at least 130 dives with "just" plastic rings and have never had a leak that wasn't my fault.

Kubi sound great, but because they work. But so do WP Ultimas, and so do Rolock 90's.

Thank goodness we have systems that work! You remember when we were all talking about the little secrets squirrel handshake you had to do to get different systems to work and how they always leaked! Now we're just arguing over which of the ones that work we like best!

It's a good time for dry gloves.

Also.. pointless to bring up Santi unless you want to get the rest of the suit as the suit ring is proprietary. Interesting system but too early to tell if there's any benefit.

I'm sure the Kubi are great, but I can't ever think of a dive that I thought "man I really wish my rings were aluminum". I'm hard on my stuff. It's cold, and murky. Searching for stuff. Collecting oysters. I have at least 130 dives with "just" plastic rings and have never had a leak that wasn't my fault.

Kubi sound great, but because they work. But so do WP Ultimas, and so do Rolock 90's.
Strange. My Kubi's have done hundreds of dives in seawater and never been rinsed -- unless diving in fresh water. Unlike far more expensive torches that rot and corrode.

Kubi's just work. Seem to be the most popular glove system on the boats I dive off of.

Changing gloves is trivially easy and done within a minute. Can even change your drysuit seals in a couple of minutes -- no fiddle nor faff.

Other drysuit glove rings are available but some of those don't work very well.

Back
Top Bottom