Good Dry Glove options other than Waterproof Ultima?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 720s are different than the Smurf gloves. They are nitrile rather than PVC and are more cut-resistant. I've worn them with two pairs of glove liners in cold water, but usually, one set of 4th Element liners is good enough.
They are warmer than other gloves (to me).

I agree, but three dives in Browning Passage will still numb my hands. I wear just the 4th Element liners until it becomes painful, then add a pair of wool gloves. Less dexterity, but less pain as well. :)

I agree, but three dives in Browning Passage will still numb my hands. I wear just the 4th Element liners until it becomes painful, then add a pair of wool gloves. Less dexterity, but less pain as well. :)
Oh no doubt. I wear the thickest wool liners I can find. Hands are still cold, but not bitter cold.

Absolutely.

The Showa "Smurf" gloves need special techniques to put on to a Kubi glove ring as the inside is a textured material. Haven't used them for diving yet. I think they're between the thick black textured gloves and the thinner ones.

Have used them for caving; very good for that.

Will try them on the new Santi suit. Going for its maiden dive in a crappy lake tomorrow; will tell it that the dive sites will improve :cool:
Yeah the textured inside does add some excitement to the procedure of installing them, has been an absolute pain both on my old Ultimas and on the newer Santi rings.
Still leak free though, they are amazing once you get them in place proper :)

If someone who uses 720's in the U.S. wants to do a trial of the ATG Maxichem Cut gloves I mentioned and report back to everyone on here then the details for the U.S. are -
1681003378083.png

Sorry - another vote for Kubi. Takes only a minute or two to replace seals or gloves, the rings are bulletproof and they have a wide range of sizes, even for petite hands such as mine...

Have used several plastic systems before and hated all of them: the rings were either annoying large and/or frequently leaked.

Cheers
Rohan.
Will probably see you on a dive somewhere in Tassie!

Back
Top Bottom