Good price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So it sounds like you can save $750 with the local T2x and still get the features you want. Even save $400 over internet price on T2x AND purchase from your local dealer.

Ultimately, what you dive with only matters to you. It doesn’t matter if we think it’s a good deal or if you should spend money on something else. I love all my gear because it’s all exactly what I want, regardless if I over or under paid.

Gear weight adds up. I’m starting to look for ways to shed weight. If you don’t already have a reg, you can get titanium and never second guess why you bought something different to start.

I also dive weekly so I justify spending a lot more than I did when I was new, which wasn’t that long ago.

I was at my LDS shooting the proverbial ship about what equipment I am thinking of purchasing and I mentioned I was interested in Atomic Aquatics T3 because I like their brand and I am looking for something light for traveling. He said that he could get me a T3 for a pretty good deal but he said I can give you a really good deal on something I have in the case. He showed me a new in the box T2x and the only thing wrong was it had some dust on it. He crunched some numbers and told $1040.00 out the door. My question is, is it too good of deal to turn down or is the T3 so much better? He said he could order a T3 and still beat any price I can find. What are is everyone’s thoughts?

My thoughts are that a $300 regulator is likely going to do everything that $1k+ regulator does to an extent that 99.9999% of divers won't know the difference between them. Put a $30 swivel on the $300 regulator and you'd be hard pressed to find any "user noticeable" difference in function between the T2, T3, or a $300 reg when using it. One review of the T3 called it the "Ferrari" of regulators. That's fine and dandy, but like driving cars, most people won't ever do anything more than "Honda" style diving, so doing it in a Ferrari costs a lot extra for no real change in performance other than saying you're doing it in a Ferrari.

That said, if money is burning a hole in your pocket, I'm not going to judge you for buying the "Ferrari" of regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom