Good price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a T2. Before that a B1/Z1.

Don't quote me but I'm fairly sure the difference between the T2x and the T3 is the number on the cover and the 3rd year of recommended service interval.

My T2 has never seen a 2 year service interval after the 1st time - the tech told me he only replaced the parts since it was apart. I must be on year 4 now, it's sat for at least 1 of them and I wouldn't hesitate to use it tomorrow.

They're sweet regs. If you've got it, buy what you want. If it's a stretch, every model breathes the same - the difference is basically the metals used and features like the 2nd stage swivel. The price difference between the Z2/Z3 is the swivel hose.

I use my Z1 as an octo, I did a whole dive once with it by mistake. Kept wondering why it was pulling a little - it has no 2nd stage swivel. No difference in breathing at depth and we went deep off Cayman all week.

I think the deal is a little higher than I'd want to pay for a reg that's 2 years? replaced. I paid $1399 list for my T2 around 2007? my 2 local dealers weren't too interested in negotiating a better cash price.

For some people 1k won’t be much money. If you have a lot of disposable income you need to spend it somehow.
There’s having money and then there’s being stupid with money.

I don’t really care though as it’s not my money. It would be better spent on a shearwater computer or something similiar.

Why does the OP want this reg? Like shiny things?

There’s having money and then there’s being stupid with money.

I don’t really care though as it’s not my money. It would be better spent on a shearwater computer or something similiar.

Why does the OP want this reg? Like shiny things?
that’s totally fine to spend some disposable income on shiny things if that makes you happier and if you can afford it after saving for retirement, ... etc. Even sometimes on ‘stupid’ things that makes you happy.

I think we kind of agree in spirit, as you should prioritise your spending to get the best kit.

My wife dives with a T3. She likes the lightness because she gets less jaw strain with it. I have done all my dives on a B2. It works fine for me. If you are thinking of saving luggage weight, the difference between a B2 and a T3 or T2 would be trivial.

Thanks @PatW for some real world experience.

Is the T2x being sold “as-new” with warranty and whatever else comes with a new reg (service or parts agreements)?

A Google search shows the T3 selling at $1750 and the T2x for $1400.

I also would appreciate a lightweight reg set. But to me (meaning in my financial situation) it’s not worth spending that much money. Instead, I have a wonderful reg set I got used for about $300, andI just spend $1000 on a Perdix which really does seem worth it. If I had everything else and got a windfall or gift, then I could see buying a titanium reg.

My wife uses a T3. It took a long time to justify that. It gets a lot of oos and ahs.

I believe one of the differences between the two models is the yoke. The T3 is skeletanized and fluted. If memory serves me correctly, the t2x is normal looking. The T3 yoke is actually a work of art if you are into that. There also used to be some difference with the T2/T2xT3 due to the titanium components and Nitrox.

Internal design wise, I believe the two are the same. The question becomes, why is the service interval 3 years instead of two. Similarly, if the T3 is three, why is everything else not three also since they share many internal components?

I have heard the same about the yoke. For 700 and some change I can find something else to stare at. I am just looking for the swivel and to not have the weight. Thanks for the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom