Greater Tampa Area VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me ask about wrecks in the gulf/Tampa area. I really do not know the gulf at all and would like suggestions on boats and wrecks in the Tampa area. You guys are in the gulf all the time ... so what do you think are the best wrecks in our area??
Kim P

Divergirl4u:
Let me ask about wrecks in the gulf/Tampa area. I really do not know the gulf at all and would like suggestions on boats and wrecks in the Tampa area. You guys are in the gulf all the time ... so what do you think are the best wrecks in our area??
Kim P

We did the sugar barge off of sarasota this weekend, not too much to see, but it was nice to get out for a shore dive.

The Tanks are off the coast of Clearwater. There are several spots out there with in about ten miles. There is a book you can get called Underwater Florida that has all the dive spots in the state. Worth every pennie. Even more so if you have a boat.

git-r-dun diver:
The Tanks are off the coast of Clearwater. There are several spots out there with in about ten miles. There is a book you can get called Underwater Florida that has all the dive spots in the state. Worth every pennie. Even more so if you have a boat.
There are tanks out of st pete also.

I have heard that they are all up and down the coast. Most of the gulf dives are gonna require a boat though. A small price to pay for a good day of diving.

Divergirl4u:
Kim P

Tanks can be quite good surprisingly to some. Also Veterans Reef, Blackthorne, Sheridan, Orange Tug, and now the rest escape me. PM Narcosis or Frogman_5, they can tell you plus they have the proper co-ordinates. Also that book is a good spend, especially if you have a boat, like he said.

One more I would like to add; is the Old Clearwater Pass Bridge. Some didn't agree with me but that is only going to get better and better. I liked it the day I went though I came up in a school of jellies (no worries though).

Missdirected:
Tanks can be quite good surprisingly to some. Also Veterans Reef, Blackthorne, Sheridan, Orange Tug, and now the rest escape me. PM Narcosis or Frogman_5, they can tell you plus they have the proper co-ordinates. Also that book is a good spend especially if you have a boat like he said.

One more I would like to add; is the Old Clearwater Pass Bridge. Some didn't agree with me but that is only going to get better and better. I liked it the day I went though I came up in a school of jellies (no worries though).

check out my web site - I have a "sites" page I'm putting together with all the local sites, descriptions, links, and pictures. I only have a few up yet, but I'll keep posting more as I dive them.

This Saturday I'm heading out to the Anclote tug, Star Shrimper, and Tarpon reef (yes, all in one day). I can take 1 possibly 2 more onboard. If anybody is interested PM me. You may want to do this on Nitrox as the depths are 65+ on the tug and shrimper.

I may go out on Sunday as well. Not sure where yet, will probably be without the boys so I'll have room for a few extra people, 4??

N@rco$i$:
check out my web site - I have a "sites" page I'm putting together with all the local sites, descriptions, links, and pictures. I only have a few up yet, but I'll keep posting more as I dive them.

This Saturday I'm heading out to the Anclote tug, Star Shrimper, and Tarpon reef (yes, all in one day). I can take 1 possibly 2 more onboard. If anybody is interested PM me. You may want to do this on Nitrox as the depths are 65+ on the tug and shrimper.

I may go out on Sunday as well. Not sure where yet, will probably be without the boys so I'll have room for a few extra people, 4??

Why have I been wasting my time with dive reports, j/k? Hey don't forget the nudibranchs we seen on the tanks. Those particular nudi's were Florida Regal Sea Goddess'. I have seen more since. Just seen some in Key Largo actually.

Hi friends … August 12th seems to be the weekend that I can get 6 confirmed divers. You want to rent a boat and go play???

August the 12th … that is the day.
Fun in the sun on August 12th … let’s rent a boat and play in the gulf.
I have divers that want to do wrecks …
I have divers who want to fish ….
I have divers who just want to dive …
Needed … more divers, oh and a boat hehe … Are you ready email me at:
divergirl4u@yahoo.com
6 confirmed divers and me
Kim P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom