GUE and UTD non-divers training question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See response below

This is what I was getting at - I don't know about other GUE instructors, but Gombessa you know yours wouldn't have let that slide. :D

I knew all, or most of those things were "wrong" but was too tired to fix em. Also I just couldn't' get the SPG clipped off because of a CF I was having with a bag and the line and a bottle in the way, so I said Eff it, I'm clipping it there.

Hey - I'm not judging you, and everyone is free to dive however they want. :) But from a GUE/DIR perspective alot of what you're saying seems out of place.

Hey - I'm not judging you, and everyone is free to dive however they want. :) But from a GUE/DIR perspective alot of what you're saying seems out of place.

Jeesh give the guy a break. Everyone starts somewhere. Its ain't no big thing if you are working on these issues in relatively safe conditions/dives. If that was after his Doria air dive I'd be concerned, but it was class. People go to class to learn.

Jeesh give the guy a break. Everyone starts somewhere. Its ain't no big thing if you are working on these issues in relatively safe conditions/dives. If that was after his Doria air dive I'd be concerned, but it was class. People go to class to learn.

Yep, like Richard said.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not harping on anyone. I think what I said is being taken too literally and a bit out of context. I don't care who has what training, or how they dive.

People are bagging on a guy's gear setup from an out of water pic? Bit extreme guys.

Back to the topic at hand.... when are every single other certifying agency going to get with the program and realize that the best way to teach skill is out of water for muscle memory and then and only then get in the water and repeat while neutrally buoyant?

How can PADI, SDI, NAUI, SSI, ect still not see the advantage to introducing skills to new divers before you get in the water? How is this not common sense to every scuba instructor out there? Can anyone make an argument or provide an example where it makes sense to have a student perform a skill for the first time in water instead of out of water?

That is quite surprising considering that the only time the class requires anything be done maskless is the maskless swim. There is no actual need in a Fundamentals class to require you to remove your mask. Most students are busy
enough........

the standards have evolved over time. i know that in my first fundies course a mask got removed during one of the air-shares.

the standards have evolved over time. i know that in my first fundies course a mask got removed during one of the air-shares.

I remember that ... :depressed:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom