DIR- GUE GUE-approved reel that's not Halcyon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The owner of Salvo was originally a Halcyon employee. He stole a bunch of stuff and denied it.

After he lost the court battle over these materials, he took all bank accounts, payroll, etc of Salvo and fled the country. Leaving Cory and the other Salvo employees holding the bag.

Light Monkey was formed as a new company by the former employees of Salvo.
I used to have Barry’s drysuit. Pretty fun.

Agree, referencing the salvo pictured above vs LM. Iirc the Halcyon has a shear through the end of the threads of the bolt such that you can't fully unscrew it.
Mine wasnt delivered that way but we added the thread foul in my Cave1. In retrospect the inability to remove the screw isnt always a plus. My 400ft halcyon has some dissimilar metal corrosion going on between the screw and handle. A dab of silicon might help but can't really access the threads.

The owner of Salvo was originally a Halcyon employee. He stole a bunch of stuff and denied it.

After he lost the court battle over these materials, he took all bank accounts, payroll, etc of Salvo and fled the country. Leaving Cory and the other Salvo employees holding the bag.

Light Monkey was formed as a new company by the former employees of Salvo.

Wow, what a nice guy... Must be an absolute train wreck of a person. Being a good dude just really isn't that hard... But for some, it is.

I'm assuming Cory is the owner of LM? I knew LM was formed out of the ashes of Salvo, but I didn't know why.

I'm assuming Cory is the owner of LM? I knew LM was formed out of the ashes of Salvo, but I didn't know why.
I don't know how LM is structured as a business, but Cory Means was/is one of the first employees founding the company via the charred husk of Salvo.

Is 400 feet standard for GUE Cave 1?
400ft of #24 line is the standard.

The only halcyons with the white spool were like 375ft and it was jussttttt a little short in one cave in particular, Carwash. That mainline comes up properly nowadays tho

That mainline comes up properly nowadays tho

Pretty much this. I use a 250ft reel and it is long enough for almost all Florida caves. I only pull my big reels off is when I venture out in the Catacombs and other similar off the line areas.

Not defending ANYONE here, but there is more to this story.

Lol let it goooo
it was more of a joke, I still have a Salvo brass SPG that works great!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom