Guests of Sunscape, Secrets & Residencias Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can assure you that is NOT the reason. They get their money from the onsite dive ops regardless. Just going to have to trust us on this.

But isn't it still in the resort's best interests that the house op get lots of business? Whether the house op chooses to renew the next contract or how much concession fee they agree to pay depends largely on how much business they get and how much the host resort supports them.

But isn't it still in the resort's best interests that the house op get lots of business? Whether the house op chooses to renew the next contract or how much concession fee they agree to pay depends largely on how much business they get and how much the host resort supports them.

Again - you're going to have to trust us that is NOT the reason.

Again - you're going to have to trust us that is NOT the reason.

Ok, what IS the reason? If the fee is to maintain the pier it seems they would want as many paying the fee as possible, which would mean making it as easy as possible. What reason is there for making you jump through hoops?

I think you misunderstand about the in house operators. I'm pretty sure they pay to lease the facility not to get pier passes.

Ok, what IS the reason? If the fee is to maintain the pier it seems they would want as many paying the fee as possible, which would mean making it as easy as possible. What reason is there for making you jump through hoops?
Not something I am at liberty to discuss.

We (operators) are very involved with the situation and have a lot of information and details pertinent to our negotiations.

Agreed and if making $ to cover the pier costs is 100% the reason, then they could charge all their guests an additional $2 a day. Guests would not even notice it and they collect more money because it is charged to every guest.

I think you misunderstand about the in house operators. I'm pretty sure they pay to lease the facility not to get pier passes.

Exactly - and no, I don't misunderstand this at all

Agreed and if making $ to cover the pier costs is 100% the reason, then they could charge all their guests an additional $2 a day. Guests would not even notice it and they collect more money because it is charged to every guest.

What Christi is telling us is that our logic isn't wrong but that there is a missing factor(s). Which means no point in proposing solutions or drawing conclusions on incomplete data. We shall see soon enough.

Response from email sent to RR administration.

Here is the exact text of the rule change:

For access to the pier for diving or other use there is a charge of $2.00 dollars per person or $38 pesos person.

You need to purchase these tickets in advance at the security gate at the entrance to the complex.

If you do not purchase a ticket you will not be able to access the pier.

This change has been put in place by the hotel to assist in the costs of maintaining the pier in good operating condition.

If your diving with DIVE HOUSE OR DIVE PALANCAR you do not need to purchase a ticket as they have concessions in the hotel.

For ALL other dive companies you need to purchase a ticket unless they provide you with a ticket in advance.

Please advise if you have any questions.

Administration

Residencias Reef

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom