Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we dive wet my brother and I go with underarmor shirts and shorts. They cling tight to you so there is no bunching up and you can undress wherever once you are done with no fear of having to yell like Costanza "I was in the pool!"

Swim trunks but gonna look for something a bit thinner.

:14:

For what it is worth, I went to the local sporting goods store and bought a pair of bike shorts for under my wet suits. Brought back bad memories of large women in spandex, but I don't chaf, I don't bunch, I am comfortable, and I can change in public

Has anyone noticed no females have chimed in to what they are wearing under their wetsuits....and gee-whiz, no wonder look at some of the great photos in this thread!

The first word in the thread title is "Guys". I'm sure us girls got a chuckle, though. I never realized that this was a concern of men. I'll have to pay attention to what guys are wearing/not wearing from now on. It'll be like the kilt question...

I wear a bikini, like many females I see. We don't have any issues with "bunching". My only concern is that the top is still in place when I pull the wetsuit down. :11:

Maybe you commando guys need some shorts like the male strippers wear. Once you pull your wetsuit up, you just pull the shorts apart and off... Nobody would be the wiser... :D

I wear a bikini, like many females I see. We don't have any issues with "bunching". My only concern is that the top is still in place when I pull the wetsuit down. :11:

Amen to that. It's happened to me on more than one occasion. I try to pull my wetsuit down while facing away from as many people as possible.

Sorry you had to put up with the neon green T-back budgie smuggler, some people really know how to ruin a person's vacation. At least he wasn't Canadian. :wink:

Now I know what you meant by "At least he wasn't Canadian"!
MEN'S GREEN CAMOUFLAGE THONG SWIM SUIT M GARY MAJDELL - eBay, Swimwear, Men, Fashion. (end time 27-Jun-08 01:52:23 AEST)
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I currently wear some speedo trunks, couldn't really give a toss whether or not I look good in them I don't go prancing around them though.
Maybe I might get some of these.
OZ ON Man Tiger Print Swim Brief - Hot man style - NEW - eBay, Swimwear, Men, Fashion. (end time 29-Jun-08 18:53:31 AEST)

Then again, maybe not!

I think everyone around me appreciates that I'm not wearing skin tight shorts, thongs or going comando... Certainly when underage girls are around on the boat. Thats something to think about... more kids and women are diving now. If you are used to diving and treating the boat like a men's locker room... There are some potential legal and social issues you might have to address.
Better not go diving in Europe. The shock might kill you. I see naked men and women on most dive sites... Nobody cares.

I'm sorry -- I don't see what's wrong with this. Nobody complains about women not wearing board shorts.
Agree. When did diving turn into a fashion show?

El Orans, Sorry I refer to local conditions.
Don't mistake me for a prude... If its socially ok, wear nothing... As you say, no one cares.

Personaly nudity doesn't shock me, I used to paint nudes for money years ago.
You get a little clinical (doesn't effect you) when its common.

Localy here though... try it and you have potential legal issues as i said.

Be that as it may... Even if I were diving off a nudist beach, I'd probably choose to wear my shorts. Don't care to get a sun burn when I get out of my wet suit.

For the record I wear long sleeve shirts too, so I don't have to keep putting on sunscreen.
But thats a habit from living in a desert.

Trust me If It wasn't socially an issue here and it weren't for jelly fish, I'd be a nude diving advocate... Even if i didn't get to take my camera anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom