Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear either compression shorts or some long underarmor style sports tights. They are very thin and the material is slick so it doesn't cause problems getting the wet suit on or off. The comression shorts are kind of in an ambiguous category as far as outer wear go so sometimes you get some looks from the ladies like, "Is that guy prancing around in his underwear, or... hmm." If you really want to have some fun, wear the compression shorts with the cup inserted!

I chose the Nike Pro compression shorts for the same reasons.:D Plus...they were only $20.They work just as well with my 3/2mm as my 7mm and DON'T bunch up in the wrong places.All they are really for is not being naked when I change.

I usually go commando in a 3/2 suit, but I haven't yet gained the grace to be able to deck-change a 7mm discreetly.

Nothing at all, in fact, if the water's warm enough, I Dive naked, nothing like it in the world. No sea lice bites either

Get yourself some 9" Underarmour Boxerjock shorts (or compression shorts). They don't bunch up, they keep you from looking like a weirdo when you take off your wetsuit, and they make donning/doffing the wetsuit easier.

For all the other Aussies out there, Footy Shorts !!!!! They dry fast, won't bunch, and well we all use to wear them to the pub wearing a tank top and a pair of thongs (sandals).

aussie-rules1.jpg

If I'm not wearing footy Shorts its the Jammers by Speedo or the equivalent by Body armor.

Speedo swim racing suit in my 3mm. I wear it under my ever present swim suit with the pockets that I only take off when I dive...
7mm I have a Farmer John and I just wear the ever present swim suit...you can't tell if its bunched up under a double layer of 7mm wetsuit and I've never been uncomfortable...
I don't own a 5mm yet so I'll let you know later...

It's traditional to wear nothing at all underneath the wetsuit....

...okey just kidding... Shorts or swiming trunks... the newer styles (boardshorts) do not work well... I usually go with running shorts

It is traditional in some circles. Personally, I was cured of the practice by a very uncomfortable abrasion event. Even though I don't have the body for them, I wear Speedos under wetsuits since they interfere less with donning and doffing.

Ha ya I wear board shorts or other type of shorts and a t shirt.
And my wet suit is not so tight that I have to pull and struggle to get it over my legs or so my shorts dont bunch up when putting it on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom