Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

commando.. if I have to wear a suit.. and if I am wearing one for a long day, it just gets the top taken down while I chillax..

Like others have mentioned, I go with traditional Speedo briefs (though not the super, super thongy kind) covered up by board shorts. For no more than a few seconds (suit donning and doffing) is the banana hammock / grape smuggler exposed to fellow divers. Made the switch a few vacations ago and it's much better than getting long shorts or traditional suits into a suit easily and in a comfortable manner.

Speedo.

Bathing suit vote here. Most of my dive sites are very public with no facilities and with a 2+ hour drive each way.

Under armor compression shorts, no riding up, they dry fast and I already owned several pairs for playing soccer.

If you have to change in public I like the long "speedo" type suits. They won't bunch up. I wear a regular bathing suit over the top and when it's time to suit up slip it off and right into the wetsuit, pretty discreet and very comfortable and simple.

Ditto that, thats my scheme.

In 42 years of diving, I think I can recall maybe two or three guys or women going nude in their wetsuits. I am sure some do but it can get sort of odd if you are on a crowded dive boat or beach or club outing and you are nude don't you think, among strangers? Frankly, BS. Why is dancing around nude preferrable to wearing a Speedo or similar bike short or other sort of legit swimwear, I just don't see the naked thing under a wetsuit? I hate wetsuits so much I cannot imagine putting one on and staying in it all day long, that is just crazy. I am getting the thing off, drying off and getting in my cloths, a dry shirt and shorts and a nylon or other similar swimsuit dries rapidly and you are warm, comfortable and dry. If somebody gets all homophobic over it, I don't care, grow up.

N

I have a pair of the Speedo Jammers I wear underneath. I also have a Under Armor Cold Gear compression top I'm thinking about trying out under my 3/2 fullsuit when I'm in Cozumel this winter. It also works well as a layer under my drysuit undergarmet. Maybe I'll look around for a short sleeved top though.

Try some spandex or break out some Tom Petty "Free Ballin" " :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom