Hammerhead BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I go to their website and I get no response from them electronically and their phone number is disconnected. Any idea what's going on?

So I go to their website and I get no response from them electronically and their phone number is disconnected. Any idea what's going on?

Are you going to this website?

Hammerhead Scuba - Hammerhead II Backplate

I know they had an earlier website that was not active....

I hope they are still in business, I have two of their SS plates and SS STA's, and love them (have had them about 2 years).

Best wishes.

I see. I was going to Hammerhead Scuba - Hammerhead II Backplate

WTF, that is really stupid, having two websites, almost identical, but one being "defunct". I even Googled it and it came up with the old one. :classic:

I got frustrated with trying to reach them so I bought a Salvo SS from ST for $70. After it comes maybe I will send it back. Grrrrrrrrrr:plain:

I see. I was going to Hammerhead Scuba - Hammerhead II Backplate

WTF, that is really stupid, having two websites, almost identical, but one being "defunct". I even Googled it and it came up with the old one. :classic:

I got frustrated with trying to reach them so I bought a Salvo SS from ST for $70. After it comes maybe I will send it back. Grrrrrrrrrr:plain:

If you are still following this thread: I'd see how you like the Salvo plate. If it looks good, I'd just stick with it. The Hammerhead plates are good, but I don't know that they are better than any of the other decent plates. I've never tried anything other than the Hammerhead II however.

It is strange that that old website has not been taken down. Several people have had the same problem you did.

The other FYI about Hammerhead is that they are not a big online store like Scubatoys, etc. I think it is a couple of guys who make the plates as a side job? If I remember, I got an order confirmation.... but then nothing until the plates showed up via USPS Priority Mail.... they arrived in about 7 days, but if your are used to getting "Shipped" notices and tracking info, you may get nervous.

Best wishes.

I liked the idea of spending the money on a small operation. It appeared they offered a good product at a fair price. But after sending them 3 e-mails with no response and their website/phone disconnected, I gave up. Maybe they are spending too much time with their model. :cuddles:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom