Happy New Year and Many Thanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I know you've been sort of "lurking" for quite awhile now Debbielou, it's good to hear form you on the board.

Now the next challenge will be getting you both to cross the border and come diving with your pals up here in the Great White North.... no not right now. But we are planing a weekend session in Picton (late May???) Drop a line and I'll let you know more as we firm up things.

First off, if you use Roadrunner, then the simple addition of a router lets you connect both (or more) PCs for the price of one. The setup is simple, and I could walk you through it. IF you are talking about a single phone line and one of the PCs is Win2K or WinXP, then it is possible as well. It -IS- possible without them, but it can be a nightmare and is always quirky...

Pete,
We have a single phone line and are running Windows 98 Second Edition, We don't need any nightmares or quirks, so....... I would have to get a second PC with one of the programs you mentioned or switch to Roadrunner (right now I'd rather spend the $ on coldwater scuba gear) Thanks for the info

Diving Gal,
Sounds good to me!

Disclaimer: I am not keeping my wife from the computer tonight as she is working.:)

Someone edited my post when I had it under the General Travel section, way back. I put 'Places you have DOVE', and one of the regulators changed it to DIVED. I never found out who it was, but I prefer DOVE. Maybe I'll change it back now. :wink: Hehehe

Anyway, Welcome Deb! And Happy New Year to you both. I wish we could pull you away from one of those Grand Bahama trips, just once, and get you down to Bonaire with us this fall! Consider yourselves invited.
:sunny:

Diving Gal: Thanks for the invite, but I really like nice warm water. Some day when I get some cold water gear maybe, but the cold water doesn't interest me a whole lot. I haven't heard of anyone seeing turtles in the cold water up north. This is one of my big things....... to seek out turtles.

Natasha: Thank you also for the invite. Heard alot about Bonaire on the board, and it sounds nice...would like to check out other places in the carribean.

As far as 2 computers go...well I too would like to spend the money on diving, or diving equipment. I guess 2 would be very nice, but we need to share the one we have.

Debbielou:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom