HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPP!!! 6' Miflex Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been avoiding the 7' hose since even 5-6' is a pain on the boat / shore. It like a snake, always moving where I don't want it even with a clip to the D-Ring. If it was not so nice underwater and mated with the bungee octo, I would revert to a standard setup.

......agreed, in a recreational setting, on a crowded dive boat, a 'long hose' is a real pain in the azz......so I went with a 4' MIFLEX for the octos, which tucks under my right side Halcyon mask pocket nicely and stows well there.

I don't do caves so the necessity of the 7' hose is, in my humble opinion, nonexistent.

I like to dive my rigs with one second stage hose when diving singles. The 5' hose just seems a bit tight when I'm diving dry. That 1' of extra hose would make a big difference diving dry, but would not be an inconvenience when diving wet.

OK!!! So dat ist alles. I vant der verdamnt Krakenhöse !!!!

Krakenhöse, Krakenhöse, geben Sie mir der Krakenhöse !!!!!!

the K

Personally, I think it would be a great marketing coup for someone such as Zeagle, Divers-Supply, Hollis or some other scuba entity to introduce it.

Just a thought.

the K

Email Mike Piantoni mike@xsscuba.com . Mike is the US importer of MiFlex hoses.

He's be the one to talk to. If it's a product that he think he can push to LDS's, then he'll do it.

A six footer is great for a "NON DIR DIVER" who likes to use the long hose configuration.

Five feet just feels a little too short.

the K

I do understand the problem with 5' being a bit short. I have tried hoses from about 5'2" to 5'7" by connecting 2 shorter hoses. 5'3" or 5'4" seems right for me. The longer ones just seemed to have a loose loop somewhere that had to be managed. With the Miflex being so light, a 6' hose may want to float up behind your neck.

Darn! I wish that I known that you wanted a 6-foot Miflex hose! I bought a whole case of these on a special deal, directly from the manufacturer, and sold my last one yesterday. I was selling them for only $20 each.

Darn! I wish that I known that you wanted a 6-foot Miflex hose! I bought a whole case of these on a special deal, directly from the manufacturer, and sold my last one yesterday. I was selling them for only $20 each.

Too bad, you just missed the opportunity... by FOUR years!

:d

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom