help me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerry, what do you think about the Fusiler Knife. I like it a lot and it is a lot smaller. Do you think ill be able to mount it on my bc, i have the genesis athena. are there any special clips or anything ill need to attach it to my bcd, apart from a sheath? does anyone here have the fusiler?

Thanks juls that is another option i will be considering! But if my mom lets me get the fusiler then i think ill go for that! Im sorry but i am a TOTAL sucker for looks and how it works! I will get the fusiler if everyone here thinks it is a good idea. and if my parents agree!

MechDiver:
Get EMT shears. They're much more useful.
For a 13 yrd, I agree with MechDiver.
Even though I do so much dark water diving I carry a good sheathed knike on the inside of my calf and a smaller one on the shoulder of my BC and a pair of shears about mid waist. MY REASONING - Dark water, solo, possible entanglement, needing to be able to reach for cutters regardless of how entangled - need I say anymore? Just my 2 cents :eyebrow:

Just a story I heard: Pointed tipped knife. Showing it to friend on diveboat. Friend drops knife on semi inflated bc. Bad day.

I have a little dive rite z-knife. Boy does that look stupid strapped to my calf.

Thanks! but i will get both, just to be safe, and to have an excuse to spend more money on scuba gear

jrdivagrl:
Jerry, what do you think about the Fusiler Knife. I like it a lot and it is a lot smaller. Do you think ill be able to mount it on my bc, i have the genesis athena. are there any special clips or anything ill need to attach it to my bcd, apart from a sheath? does anyone here have the fusiler?
The Fusilier is double-edged, which is good because you can't always get a good feel for direction when you're wearing gloves. One side is serrated, which is good for cutting, and it has a hook for cutting fishing line. It's also blunt tipped, which will allow you to use it for prying. It looks like a good knife to me.

You might need to do some home-made remedy for sewing it to your BC. It advertises that it's made to attach to BC's with screws, so it should go together without any problems.

Jerry

If you're not going to use it for digging or prying just take a $2 steak knife and break it off to shorten it. You can make a nice little sheath from a piece of weight belt webbing.

Back
Top Bottom