Help w/dive trip for one diver, one nondiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a little hesitant to travel to Cozumel due to all the violence in Mexico these days. Currently BVI and Curacao are the front runners.

Thank you all for your input.

I'm a little hesitant to travel to Cozumel due to all the violence in Mexico these days. Currently BVI and Curacao are the front runners.

Eric - Cozumel is no where near the violence... that is like saying you don't want to go to Florida because there is violence in NY!

SueSue - I was just pointing out to you that SCC doesn't have small boat like you had posted.
I agree, boats are different and we don't get seasick, even on rocking boats. We like the larger boats as we both have large photo gear and video gear which need to be on a stable surface (like a nice, big table) rather than stuck between our legs on a bouncy little boat.

robin:D

robint : thanks for pointing out that SCC does not have small boats, my error. Fortunately there are plenty of Dive Ops with small fast 6 pack boats to choose from for divers who are inclined to do so.

The Marriot in Curacao will work for you but beware food is more expensive than you may think.

Last edited:
Fantasy Island Beach Resort is right across the channel from CCV, does the same dives sites on roomy, smooth boats, 3 boat dives/day plus shore dives, etc and are doing major upgrades to the property at a rapid rate. It gets more non-divers tho, popular with both.

Almost none in Coz. You'd have a hard time finding a city in the US with as low of a crime rate. Indeed, probly lower than your mentioned favs.

Your welcome to join ScubaBoard for it's 11th birthday in Cozumel if you want to go a little later in June. We have about 60 joining us so far and there are other nondivers in the group for company if she would like.
Check it out if your interested, but no matter where you go, have a great time!

Invade Cozumel- June 12-19, 2011 - ScubaBoard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom