Here is a hi res download of DIR III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One can hope. Wouldn't make much sense to charge for these older videos.

One can hope. Wouldn't make much sense to charge for these older videos.

Maybe not explicitly, but I think it would be a shame if it were available only to, say, Quest subscribers.

Maybe not explicitly, but I think it would be a shame if it were available only to, say, Quest subscribers.

That's up to GUE. But nothing like that was mentioned, so I remain hopeful.

George Irvine come off like a total jackass, the way everything he does is right, and yet he can't even take his weight belt off properly or handle his equipment with care. If DIR wants to market itself as recreational it needs allot of image work.

George Irvine come off like a total jackass, the way everything he does is right, and yet he can't even take his weight belt off properly or handle his equipment with care. If DIR wants to market itself as recreational it needs allot of image work.

Huh?? :confused: Are you watching the same video the rest of us are??? George Irwin is a saint, and is truly the gentlest man (or woman or child, for that matter) that I have ever met. He teaches his diving philosophy with absolute patience and nearly supernatural kindness, and has never shown himself to be anything other than wholly accepting of new ideas or practices which are alternatives to his ow...oh wait, you said George irVINE. Never mind.

DIR is not a training agency. It is not an entity at all. It is a diving philosophy.

GUE is a training agency. George Irvine is not, and to my knowledge has never been a part of GUE.

I do find it curious that someone who lists themselves with less that 25 dives manages to find fault in the skills of someone with over 5000, with several world record cave penetrations to his credit, and someone who has forgotten more about diving than most people are ever likely to learn.

Hate all you want on George. I am positive he won't mind. George is not a warm, fuzzy fellow when it comes to his opinions. If that rubs you the wrong way, don't listen.

I do find it curious that someone who lists themselves with less that 25 dives manages to find fault in the skills of someone with over 5000, with several world record cave penetrations to his credit, and someone who has forgotten more about diving than most people are ever likely to learn.
Perrone wins this thread.

George Irvine comes across as a man who cares about the overall technical diving community and was tired of seeing caves closed due to deaths, tired of seeing meaningless deep air deaths and overall fed up with the tech diving community as it stood in the early 90's. The commotion that he caused undoubtedly saved several lives by getting people to rethink how things were done, and I for one, commend the guy for that.

Ultimately, what I've learned from him in the DIR2004 dvds has far more weight on my opinion than the foul language he used 10 years ago. His posts were often rude, and down right offensive, but you have to ask yourself are words that you find offensive enough cause to block the content that might make you a safer diver or better buddy? I'm not saying go DIR...I'm not GUE trained, and my gear isn't DIR compliant...but I attempt to listen to everyone's methodology, and incorporate the things that I see beneficial to my diving.

Get rid of this snorkel shown at you avatar and then try to learn something about diving.

Dude you are in the CULT forum and this is there god you have to expect to get crucified with comments like that even if true:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom