HOG D1 vs SP MK17/ MK25 for Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"crappy"????? Your words, not mine....

No kidding Scubapro make awesome regs. I dove SP regs for years, well over 3000 dives on them.

July... In truth I was surprised to see that as a group the under $500 regs outdid the over $500 regs

Am I impossibly confused, or is it the magazine. . . RMV = 37.5 and 75 at 132 fsw? Haven't they slipped a decimal point ?

As my qualitative analysis professor (chemistry and many many years ago) used to say. . . "So what is an order of magnitude between friends. . ."

I dive Halcyon/SP Mk25, G250V in BM and SM. Fantastic regs. Keep them clean and service only when needed. Just had my seconds serviced for the first time after ~130 dives as the poppets were ready for exchange. I will keep these regs forever.

That said, my next set of regs for stage/deco bottles will be HOG. Primarily based off the experiences of friends, and my instructor Edd Sorenson. Edd and his guys at Cave Adventurers can dive any regs, and by choice dive HOGs far back in overhead environments. They have unwavering confidence in the gear. I've dove the D1/Classic combo a couple of times and could tell no discernable difference compared to my SP regs. If Chris offers another great Black Friday sale this year I plan to pick up several sets. Looking forward to owning enough that I will not have to reconfigure between BM, SM or single tank BM.

Back
Top Bottom