Holy Crap, my booties stink!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henderson no longer makes its insta-dry line.

I would not mind buying their 5mm XL(S) suit and other parts if available.

I'd heard that too a while back......however, Leisurepro DOES have them in stock, as I will be taking delivery of a 2nd pair on Monday 7/20 as 'back up' for my existing pair...also, Scubatoys also has them available, but only in 3 mm thickness......Leisurepro also had them in the 7 mm I wanted, so that's why I ordered from them just last week.

Heh. After a brain injury (no smart comments now) I have no sense of smell. So no matter how stinky it gets, it's all good. For me at least. Heh.

Hey, this would make you an excellent dive buddy for me!!!

Don't worry Betty - you're not alone in having a smelly booty....

One from the archives - My Booty Stinks : just remember to wash and shake your booty till it stinks no more.

Now THAT thread was a classic! And Kev never did solve that Stinky Booty problem. :shakehead:

My booties had the most foul odor the other week, I thought I was going to have to trash them. I used some wetsuit shampoo and let them soak for about 30 min, rinsed really well and when they were dry, the odor was gone.

Don't worry Betty - you're not alone in having a smelly booty....

One from the archives - My Booty Stinks : just remember to wash and shake your booty till it stinks no more.

Just read the thread and LMAO! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: What a way to kick off a Monday morning.

I've had issues with my boots and nothing else. I figured because they are slow to dry as they can't be turned inside-out like my gloves, hood and suit.
Has anyone tried using some sort of chemical like damprid to help them dry out faster? I found this thread because I wanted to see if it's been done before. I figured some damprid in an old sock put in the boot may get it really dry really fast.
I am also contemplating getting a small dehumidifier for the bathroom I use to clean and dry my gear.

I've had issues with my boots and nothing else. I figured because they are slow to dry as they can't be turned inside-out like my gloves, hood and suit.
Has anyone tried using some sort of chemical like damprid to help them dry out faster? I found this thread because I wanted to see if it's been done before. I figured some damprid in an old sock put in the boot may get it really dry really fast.
I am also contemplating getting a small dehumidifier for the bathroom I use to clean and dry my gear.

Good question. I wonder if those packets of silica or whatever they are could be tossed inside the booties to absorb moisture.

Good question. I wonder if those packets of silica or whatever they are could be tossed inside the booties to absorb moisture.

They could but with being so wet they would become saturated quick and thus useless.

.. the next time you go diving, smell your feet before you put the boots on and have the person next to you smell them as well for an objective opinion. It may just be a simple matter of excess toejam.
Jim,
If I am sitting next to you on a dive boat and you ask me to smell your feet, I am going to politely decline and wonder about you for the rest of the trip. :confused:
:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom