hose routing on doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olphart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any pics I've seen of doubles setups have both regs on the right hand post. Wouldn't it be a better backup to have one on each? If your first stage craps out, you don't have any option other than breathing from your bc inflator

I'm just sayin'

yeah, have another look at those pics. i've never seen both regs on the same post.

V7F1t.jpg

That's a very common, clean, and smart way to route your hoses.

yep, that's the common set-up i see.

I have never, ever, ever seen a diver wearing doubles that would run both regs from one tank.

Do you have a link to any pics/sites that suggest that?

Here's a more detailed explanation of proper hose routing for doubles.
My face is red under all the egg all over it!! I looked again for the pics I had seen, but only found the one, and that told me that I couldn't read labels!! sheesh, watta dunce!

I probably misread the other pix as well! Sorry guys, a senior moment I guess:dork2:

Any pics I've seen of doubles setups have both regs on the right hand post.

Ive never seen a twinset routed like that. Not once. It makes no sense.

You have 1 reg on each post and 1 method of inflation on each post.

Hi guys, here is how I do it.

On my right post there is my long hose plus my LP RIGHT inflator(why on earth my right post should inflate my left inflator) and my SPG (it's on the right because on the left there's 1 or 2 deco tank under my left arm so it's easier to grab from the right and there's no risk having my deco bottle breaking my spg by hinting it.)

On my left post there is my 2nd regulator and it's coming over my left shoulder not the right because if I take it to the right the hose make a 90 degree angle, so it's being stressed for nothing. There is also my left LP LEFT inflator.

All the hoses are facing down (Tek3 Reg), no unecessary stress is been put on the hoses, perfectly streem line.

So what do you think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom