How are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DBPacific

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It's been more than a hot minute since I've been on SB, and I just wanted to pop in and ask how folks are doing. It's been a crazy past year and I hope everyone in the SB community is doing alright.

On my part: mom got through chemo and is enjoying her hair growing back and getting more energy. I'm changing up and got into a PhD program in the northeast US, and the family and friends who got covid have luckily all made it through.

My dive gear has all been sadly tucked away in my gear box with no soon signs of getting wet. I'm definitely gonna need a refresher and skill practice before I get back in the water.

How are y'all holding up?

So good to see you pop in and update us! I've been thinking of you.

My gills are dry and my scales are flaking away.

Otherwise things are OK.

Covid is still a concern where I'm from even though we haven't had the numbers that some other places have had.

Hanging in there waiting for the Northeast weather to break prior to getting wet! At the airport right now headed to Florida to visit my son. Haven't seen him and my mom for almost a year due to covid...looking forward to it!

Hanging in there waiting for the Northeast weather to break prior to getting wet! At the airport right now headed to Florida to visit my son. Haven't seen him and my mom for almost a year due to covid...looking forward to it!

Have a safe flight! I hope you all have a good and safe reunion.

So good to see you pop in and update us! I've been thinking of you.

My gills are dry and my scales are flaking away.

Otherwise things are OK.

Covid is still a concern where I'm from even though we haven't had the numbers that some other places have had.

Chilly! I've been thinking of you too, glad you're doing alright. That's good about the covid numbers, I hope that trend continues.

I've been extraordinarily lucky to have secure employment, good health, and access to local diving during this time. I recognize that and am grateful. And yet...it feels petty to complain, but I'm so tired of this. I miss being with people. I miss restaurants and live music and going to baseball games. I miss travel. I miss being able to look forward to things. Remote work pretty much sucks; everything takes much longer and is infinitely more frustrating. This board has been a nice virtual space to escape to, and I'm glad to have it. But I still pine for my old life.

Glad to hear your mom is doing well! Hope you can get that gear wet again soon.

I've been extraordinarily lucky to have secure employment, good health, and access to local diving during this time. I recognize that and am grateful. And yet...it feels petty to complain, but I'm so tired of this. I miss being with people. I miss restaurants and live music and going to baseball games. I miss travel. I miss being able to look forward to things. Remote work pretty much sucks; everything takes much longer and is infinitely more frustrating. This board has been a nice virtual space to escape to, and I'm glad to have it. But I still pine for my old life.

Glad to hear your mom is doing well! Hope you can get that gear wet again soon.
It's good to see you again!
I'm exhausted of this as well. Online classes is...as far from my cup of tea it might as well be bitter two-week old coffee.

I'm hoping we'll be able to be able to go out more as the vaccines roll out, but I'm still resigned to things still being shut down til and through summer at least. Just gotta hope for the best and get social interaction where we can. It's silly but I've even been looking forward to zoom doctor appointments just because I'll get to talk to someone who doesn't live with me 24/7. And I'm one of the lucky ones who isn't living alone.

Sending virtual hugs your way

Well, I WAS okay. Got laid off today - second time in almost a year. Not enough work for two (very small company). The expected business increase didn’t happen. Sort of okay with it, though. There were many signs it was NOT a good fit. It took it in August after having been laid off late LAST March, due to covid. Sigh.

Had a good interview a week ago, though. I’d already been looking a bit. Let them known
I’m now immediately available and should hear more this week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom