How do you wear your mask when your not using it?

How do you wear your mask?

• Around neck

Votes: 60 51.7%
  • Forehead

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • Backwards

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • Arm/Clip/Other

Votes: 13 11.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicodaemos once bubbled...
Now if only someone would come up with a folding mask that you could stuff into your pocket when not in use .....
I keep a spare mask clipped off (using a ss double ended bolt snap) in my left thigh pocket on all dives.

You could put yours in your pocket no problem.... unless it is something like a KM bandmask ...

always, but I am getting a little tired of the DMs telling me that the oils from my hair will interfere with defog...any truth to that?

Ken

PS. I DO wash my hair! (monthly, whether it needs it or not!)

I was always told I should were it around your neck and very on the forhead, Reasoning behind it. What if your in the water and a wave comes in and knocks it off, or you fall for some reason

When we were doing our open water certification dives, a rather loud "know it all" announced to all of us:"Are you in trouble? No, then get the d--n mask off of your head!" Welcome to the diving community.

Our DMs and instructors then gently informed all of us felons that a mask on the head, forehead or above, is considered a sign of distress or lack of control, and recommended always keeping your mask on properly when diving and preparing for the dive. Otherwise, store it around the neck or in gearbag. In our short tenure, we keep it on the face or around the neck. Since we don't know any different, it feels "normal."

Obviously none of you wear prescription masks!!!
If I wore it anywhere but on my face I wouldn't be able to find the boat!!!:arrow:

Backwards for me...

Ex-baseball catcher's nature I think. :)

mndolphin once bubbled...
Obviously none of you wear prescription masks!!!
If I wore it anywhere but on my face I wouldn't be able to find the boat!!!:arrow:

Me too...

I put it on and then go in the water.

I take it off when I'm back where I can swap it for my glasses.

I carry a spare perscription mask in a pocket for deeper dives just in case of emergencies.

You need to add a category "don't ever remove it while geared up..."

When I'm not wearing it, I just attach it to my BC. Never gave it much thought. Now that I've heard several interesting ways, I'll have to try them out.

-Crispy

Back
Top Bottom