how many pairs of fins do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one pair of XL Jet fins. They work just fine for cold and warm water diving *shrugs*

5 pair but using only two...

SP Jets XXL for Drysuit
SP Jets XL for Wersuit

Not used;
OMS Slipstream XXL that I use for Dry but do not like and one split... Anyone need one Slipstream???
Scuba Pro XL fins that were my original when I started diving...
1 pair of TUSA that I bought 25 years ago in Fiji....

Six pairs, 2 pairs I use regularly depending if I dive wet or dry and another pair I use for snorkeling. Also a few pairs that I used years ago, don't use anymore but don't want to get rid of just because they're old. I've got like a small musuem in my cellar of vintage dive gear I can't part with.

Slipstreams for wet, Jets for dry, although I'm thinking about trying a pair of Hollis F1s with my dry suit. There is still a pair of Dive Rites around, although I haven't used them since I got the Slipstreams.

4 pairs for me:
1)Oceanic Vipers
2)Mares splits
3)L-SP Jets(Ebay $15)
4) US Divers(target snorkel pack)
I mainly use my Mares splits for lobster diving ,my Vipers for spearfishing/Ab diving. And for general use whatever the flip of the coin brings for that day
And 3 pair I bought for the "wife " before the divorce.
1) Tusa Liberators
2)US Divers
3)M-SP Jets.(Ebay$12)

Lucky me I got to keep my son & the fins .Which worked out just fine ;-)

13 (thirteen!) pairs of fins. I use them all, too!

As Janet is fond of saying, "James is the Imelda Marcos of fins"

All the best, James

5 pairs but just sold a pair yesterday, and have another pair (Atomic Aquatic splits) for sale in the classifieds on my way to having just drysuit fins, wetsuit fins and pool fins.

I apologize in advance for my shameless plug of my classified ad :)

I'm a fin junkie. On my fin shelf I have the following:

Esclapez Graphite - Free Dive Fins
Dusault Free Dive Fins
Cressi Gara (love these)
Mares Avanti Full Foot Fins

Mares Quattro
Mares Avanti Pro
Wenoka Pro
Cressi Frog
Aqualung Blades
Scuba Pro - Jets XXL (work shoes)

Then I have my regular working fins

Hollis F1
Hollis F2 (formerly Deep Outdoors fin)
Aqualung Rockets
Aqualung Xpress ADJ (my current Favorite)

I have found that fins last about a few years and then you move on to something new and comfortable. My longest fin use has been the Aqualung Rockets -- these I have been using for about 9 years now and love them. My new favorite is Aqualung Xpress ADJ -- these are fantastic and very responsive.

Cheers
JDS

How many I own, or how many my wife thinks I own??????

Nah, not that many...

3 pairs:

1) The original Dacor Turbo-Flex fins I got when I started...(24 years ago)
2) The Turtles I needed to fit my DS wearing Rock Boots when I went that route for gear...
3) Hollis F-1's ... well, just because......

When I drift dive the Niagara River, its #1 because these are used as "brakes" - they are quite ugly...
When I'm in the Quarry, I tend to use the Turtles because they maneuver well.
Out on the Lake for the wrecks, its the F-1's because they are so "sweet" - just don't tell the Turtles...

Honestly, between #2 and #3 is just the "mood for the day"... "Retro" or "Batman"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom