Votes: 46 25.1%
  • $4000 - $5000

Votes: 44 24.0%
  • my wife's gonna kill me

Votes: 50 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my case there'd have to be a "my wife said if I buy more scuba gear she's gonna divorce me ... I sure miss her" category ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I need the category. Got Divorced, so I went and bought scuba gear and haven't looked back. LOL

I'm in for ~$20,000 or so

Bob...you need an X-Scooter :wink:

3 months since I got certified, $3000+in gear... my husband will never know my terrible secret. I just keep diving and it will all be okay.... I do need to pick up a couple more things.

I need the category. Got Divorced, so I went and bought scuba gear and haven't looked back. LOL

I'm in for ~$20,000 or so

GOT DIVORCED DEC 06 GOT CERTIFIED JAN 07! It's nice spending my money where I want it! Oh and no..I didn't take alimony or anything else so I fund my scuba addiction with my own blood, sweat, and tears!

Happy diving!
Carolyn:sharks:

How about "single attorney with a gear buying problem."

Three drysuits, two sets of doubles, single tanks, stages, three BPs, three wings, HID, backups, three undergarments, backup lights, like 12 masks, argon bottles, four sets of regs, three sets of fins, computer/bottom timer/compass, a whole slew of stuff in the save-a-dive kit, and an x-scooter.

$20k easily.

Since I started tech diving in the last year my costs have gone up quite a bit. I still need a canister light, a new wetsuit (crushed the cheap one), three first stages and two second stages.

On the other hand I'm starting to think about a megalodon.

Anyone want to buy a kidney?

Lots of gear that gets used on different types of diving, well over 10K. Heck when I go cave diving I am wearing well over 5K worth of gear alone, not to mention the thousands I have spent on training.

Mark Vlahos

12 B.C.'s- 12 80 AL's- 3 ponys- 2 50 AL's- 11 Regs- 1 Dan kit with O2- 2 drysuits- 7 - seven mil farmer johns- hoods, gloves, boots- many lights, strobes, reels, mask and fins- 300lb of lead- 3 camera's- 1 video recorder- one trailer and a partridge in a pear tree

Were it not for the 3+ week vacation to Indonesia I've got coming up in a few months, I'd own one by now.

I'll get one, eventually ... (or should that be inevitably) ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Does the boat count?
U/W video housing and camera?
Still Canera Housing and Camera?
Scooter?
Speargun?
Sonar?

Back
Top Bottom