I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had a goat for a while when I was in middle school. I don't care how great they are for mowing the grass, I would never want another one. Constantly climbing over the fence and getting loose. Always trying to butt you from behind. Climbing up on top of the car. Such a PITA!

Yeah, goats kind of suck. We have 9. In addition to being butt-holes, they are constantly on the lookout for ways to kill themselves. And trimming hooves sucks....I thought baby’s fingernails were bad; seems like every two weeks they need a trim.

Oh, and when they birth, they typically choose the worst day of the year. We had eight kids born last year in sub zero weather. All of the moms abandoned them so I found myself bottle feeding every three hours. It was kind of funny watching my wife trying to milk them to get milk for the babies. She went out there and flipped one over and started pulling on it’s teet like she was trying to start a lawn mower. I had to calmly explain I don’t think it works that way while trying to suppress laughter. She isn’t a country girl......

When they lowered their head to butt you snack then with a 2x4 or a 4x4 if they are really stubborn and they will acknowledge your dominance and leave you the hell alone. If not slow roasting over the coils will take the mean out of any goat.

Or smack them on the nuts with a stick.

I’ve peed on mine as well to establish dominance. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just makes them mad.

Or smack them on the nuts with a stick.

I’ve peed on mine as well to establish dominance. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just makes them mad.
Not sure if facing off with an angry goat with my sticker pecking out is my ideas of a good plan.

Not sure if facing off with an angry goat with my sticker pecking out is my ideas of a good plan.

Yeah I was hoping to shock, and or awe him. Don't think it worked........

I just picked up 100 bare root cedars yesterday! I was worried that the weekend held only rain, but I'm in luck! This is why I moved to O'Brien!!! Call me if you want to plant cedars! I have dibble sticks or bring your own.

upload_2018-2-9_8-38-19.png

Speaking of help... I want to put a new roof on the workshop March 9, 10, and 11, 2018 if the weather cooperates. It's an outbuilding, so no inspections are required. The old roof will have to come off, including the moldy plywood. New plywood will be installed, double bubble applied over that, and the barn red metal roof will be screwed down on top of that. I would love six volunteers. I can provide limited housing and one room is already taken, but I have another room, a couch and plenty of floor space. I'll feed you, let you pet my cats (good luck with Silt cooperating) and you'll have the run of the place if you can come out and help. I'm going to start pulling the old roof off on Friday and hope to be done by Saturday night or Sunday morning. Day workers are fine (locals who already have a place to stay). Come for a day, come for all three. Just let me know so I can plan.

I'd be more than happy to help, but I'm not sure that a ticket over to there is available on such notice :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom